This is it.

16 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I can confirm. Just graduated high school last year, some people care a lot about the huskers like me and we talked about the team almost every day but most people couldnt care less, even a lot of the football players at my high school (played my freshman year can also confirm this). Most kids will say they are husker fans there but aren't at all passionate about it lol

This was true when I was in high school: 1995-1999.

I think it has a lot to do with high school kids being busy with everything else: school, work, activities, girlfriends/boyfriends.  It was especially hard to get amped for a Saturday game when you just got done spending the whole week playing football and Saturday morning practice; plus you didn't "idolize" players anymore, they were just a couple years older and it was weird if you did.

Now, as a young kid we imagined being the next Husker great and pretended to play Colorado and Oklahoma in the backyard.  As an adult it is a fun reason to party and get together.

14 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Crazy Crap Bob Diaco Says

On 11/3/2017 at 10:20 PM, runningblind said:

I have mentioned this in responses in other threads, but I want to get other opinions.

I truly believe this next hire, be it this year (hopefully), or later, will be Nebraska's last shot to climb the ladder again. Another failure and apathy will set in. The sellout streak would end, people will care less and younger fans won't gravitate toward being fans. If the fan support starts to dwindle, the last remaining advantage NU has begins to erode.

If we hire one more bad regime of coaches and screw it up, we become Minnesota.   The Golden Gophers, ironically had 5 national championships up to the 1960's.   Since then everything has dwindled.   History repeats itself.   We need to get this next hire correct!

12 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'm really hoping that if we get Frost he turns out to be a badass, but a nice mild-mannered badass who everyone likes while he's kicking ass and talking tough.....kind of like a cross between Grandpa Bob and Father Tom. 

There are coaches out there who firmly make their point and are wildly successful.   I think back to John Wooden at UCLA in basketball or even Bobby Bowden at FSU.    Here is the problem with Riley and most of his assistant coaches:   they are decent people but watch all of them in interviews.   They can't even put together 2 coherent thoughts in an interview.   If they can't verbalize anything in a press conference what makes anybody think these guys can explain "X" and "O"s to college players?    Would listening to any of these clowns light a fire under anyone's rear end?   Confusing and uninspirational.

18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'm really hoping that if we get Frost he turns out to be a badass, but a nice mild-mannered badass who everyone likes while he's kicking ass and talking tough.....kind of like a cross between Grandpa Bob and Father Tom. 

I really don't "hope" for this ... I believe this.  Frosty reminds me of Ronnie Bass on his first play in "Remember the Titans".  The guy is a badass!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, centrust said:

If we hire one more bad regime of coaches and screw it up, we become Minnesota.   The Golden Gophers, ironically had 5 national championships up to the 1960's.   Since then everything has dwindled.   History repeats itself.   We need to get this next hire correct!

I am thinking more along the lines of Purdue with the empty seats during football games.

OMG.  this board is worse than watching the team play.  there is one way to become relevant again, win.  win games, win big games, win our division and win the conference.  Consistently.  Look at that other team that wears red, they are on the cusp of what their 5th trip to Indy in 7 years?  that is the only way we become nationally relevant again.  sellout streak is fine, but it really doesn't matter.  winning.  that matters.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, funhusker said:

This was true when I was in high school: 1995-1999.

I think it has a lot to do with high school kids being busy with everything else: school, work, activities, girlfriends/boyfriends.  It was especially hard to get amped for a Saturday game when you just got done spending the whole week playing football and Saturday morning practice; plus you didn't "idolize" players anymore, they were just a couple years older and it was weird if you did.

Now, as a young kid we imagined being the next Husker great and pretended to play Colorado and Oklahoma in the backyard.  As an adult it is a fun reason to party and get together.

If we were winning like Alabama is now and we were THEN, the enthusiasm would be MUCH higher.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:12 AM, ladyhawke said:

Oh my gosh! More hand wringing, more dooms day! Please Stop!  This isn't the last chance, it's simply another opportunity. Good grief! Look how long it took Alabama to get Saban! Look how long it took Oklahoma to get Stoops and the list goes on.  We have a fantastic opportunity to hire an amazing coach as we appear to have an AD who knows what he's about. I don't mean to dismiss your concerns but let's be a little more realistic. I've been watching football for awhile.  It appears to me to be fairly cyclic.  While it may take us longer (or no time at all if we get the coach we are all hoping for!) we WILL get a coach that will help restore our football program. Even if Scott comes home, it will take some time for him to get organized. I hope we can be patient enough to allow him that time and not drop off a cliff if he doesn't get us to a National Championship his first year.  So please, let's put the brakes on the dramatics.  This really could've been put on the Scott Frost mega thread. Why you felt you had to create a new thread for this is beyond me. (No offense intended . You are entitled to your opinion of course.)

No kidding.

This doomsday stuff is ridiculous.

If we don't hire someone good, Nebraska might as well fold up the program because we will never ever ever ever be able to pull ourselves up out of the ashes.  No other program in the history of college football has ever gone through a prolonged bad period and pulled themselves back up to prominence.  If this next coach doesn't work, we might as well become a soccer school.

• Plus1 1