This is it.

Put me in the Domesday club. I think we are at a crossroads and if they make another Riley-esque type hire a lot of fans will become very casual fans. A few more Riley like seasons with the new coach and the enthusiasm by the fans to even want to right the ship will be squashed forever. It's my opinion because that's how I feel as a fan. Either our program can no longer attract a good coach or the administration doesn't value the program enough to get a good coach. Either case I would watch the Husker futility only if I didn't have something else to do. Hire a good coach and I'll enthusiastically watch the Huskers try to climb their way out of the hole created by mismanagement.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Put me in the Domesday club. I think we are at a crossroads and if they make another Riley-esque type hire a lot of fans will become very casual fans. A few more Riley like seasons with the new coach and the enthusiasm by the fans to even want to right the ship will be squashed forever. It's my opinion because that's how I feel as a fan. Either our program can no longer attract a good coach or the administration doesn't value the program enough to get a good coach. Either case I would watch the Husker futility only if I didn't have something else to do. Hire a good coach and I'll enthusiastically watch the Huskers try to climb their way out of the hole created by mismanagement.

I’m not in the Sky Is Falling brigade because we have very very powerful boosters who will lean heavily on the administration to make a change. Frankly, I’m one that believes the reason Mr. Moos was hired was to fix the football program. It was the only sport he talked about during his initial presser. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

You seriously think that if we hire another bad coach, the entire program will be doomed to the trash heap for eternity. 

I will say, I've been a Nebraska fan my entire life, to the point I half heartedly joked it was my religion. I have specifically scheduled things in the Fall to avoid any sort of Saturday conflict with Nebraska games.  I used to live and die by the outcomes of Nebraska games, if the Cornhuskers lost I was miserable for a week. This year, I could care less. My heart did not race once at the end of the Northwestern or Purdue games. In the past I probably wouldn't have even been able to watch the end of those games without a potential worry of a heart attack and a full on sweat.

You give me another year of Riley and I worry how much interest I will have.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Yes. I was going to put some qualifications on that since eternity is a long time. Yes I do. 

OMG...I don't know if I can handle the stress of the monumental decision that is about to take place in Lincoln.  Either we have a dominating program in two years or we are doomed to meaningless football for the rest of my life, my children's lives and my grand children's lives.

They will never ever see the Huskers be good.......if Moos makes a bad choice.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OMG...I don't know if I can handle the stress of the monumental decision that is about to take place in Lincoln.  Either we have a dominating program in two years or we are doomed to meaningless football for the rest of my life, my children's lives and my grand children's lives.

They will never ever see the Huskers be good.......if Moos makes a bad choice.

Trying to compare my childhood to my child's childhood in regards to Nebraska's football seasons. When I was my sons age, Nebraska lost to Florida State in the national title game on a missed FG, I remember crying.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, FlipPhone said:

The right hire is everything.  How futile was ISU, and for how long?  How are they looking now?  So, i dont for one second believe we're going to be down forever.  A little while longer, yes, but if "new guy" is hired, and is the right "new guy", it won't take long to see us getting back to respectable.  Let's aim for that first.

"getting back to respectable",,,  never a sadder statement about NU football..  but I'm right there with ya brother  100%...  Lets at least make the other team earn a victory over us.  not just show up, run over us and leave town.

Edited by San Diego Husker
grammer

2 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

I remember that game..  I was so upset.... took a while to get over it.

It is up there with one of my most memorable Nebraska moments.

Of course I have good memories of beating Miami, Florida and Tennessee. The catch vs Missouri was one of my all time, if not favorite Nebraska moments. The win vs Oklahoma in 2001 is another one.

17 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Trying to compare my childhood to my child's childhood in regards to Nebraska's football seasons. When I was my sons age, Nebraska lost to Florida State in the national title game on a missed FG, I remember crying.

I think BRB has a different perspective. My memories go back much further. Watching Nebraska struggle with the bottom teams of the B1G is not something I can stomach and I won't be following if Moos pulls a Riley out of his butt. If your only memories are from 1990 on, maybe it's easier to accept.

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think BRB has a different perspective. My memories go back much further. Watching Nebraska struggle with the bottom teams of the B1G is not something I can stomach and I won't be following if Moos pulls a Riley out of his butt. If your only memories are from 1990 on, maybe it's easier to accept.

LOL...I would love to know when you think I started watching Husker football.

And....what about what I posted makes you think I'm not disgusted with what is on the field?

Your comment has no relation to what was posted by me.