Northwestern Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Firing him doesn't change anything on the field this season.  Look how well Florida played today!

That's not the point. With or without him we have the same chances of losing out. The point is getting a head start on the future and giving everyone the ease of mind that he is indeed not coming back next year.

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

That's not the point. With or without him we have the same chances of losing out. The point is getting a head start on the future and giving everyone the ease of mind that he is indeed not coming back next year.

Most of the head coaches we will go after are current coaches, and they will not be available until at least after their regular season ends. Moos is already getting a start in replacements, so firing mid-season does nothing but put a bad taste for prospective coaches who would consider taking over at Nebraska.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I really don't give a damn what Riley says anymore.  I am officially boycotting Nebraska football until Riley is gone.  Mentioned in another thread that I have cancelled my extra sports television packages.  I am not even listening to the games on the radio.

#JoinMeInTheBoycott

Can I watch the Minnesota game?  I've been skipping the games I knew we would get blown out anyway so I'll boycott the PSU and Iowa games.

Mav, thanks for posting these but I haven't watched them all season.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Listening to bits and pieces, it appears to:

a) be a difficult defensive scheme to implement

b) be a difficult scheme to teach

c) he is not teaching the scheme as every week since game 1, there were "teachable" moments

d) the kids are freelancing in certain situations because they 1)do not know the scheme or 2) no longer trust the scheme

e) the kids have no faith in him, Bookie is a smart kid and saw this before many of the fans

Sad as I really thought he could od some things with his energy and description of how things would be....

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

The most frustrating thing is, Riley has been disappointed 18 times in 37 games, but never seems to do anything about it.

Why should he do anything about it???? At this point, he has the state of Nebraska financing his retirement and all he has to do is chew gum, pace along the sideline, look completely lost, and take the team for ice cream after they lay down and take yet another loss at HOME. To me, this is the best JOB in all of the USA. The man is a genius. I want to be him when I grow up.

Edited by huskerfan74
2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That's the problem, with Riley, literally any game is one we could lose by 40.

Nah, Minny will be a close game.  Riley likes mixing it up with the bottom dwellers of the B1G.  I think the players want to send him out exactly as he was given to them- .500.