Northwestern Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think he was hired solely to be the anti-Pelini. A nice guy, someone who would represent with class. SE probably thought anyone would win 9 games here if Bo could 7 years straight.

He did think that...think how many posters thought that.  So many people said that a monkey could win 9 games at NU.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

There will be seniors playing their last game soon.  It isn't their fault our AD's hired Voldemort and the old homeless guy looking for a cigarette butt on the sidelines.  These kids came to Nebraska and gave as well as they were coached and deserve to go out with a standing ovation.  

You are 100% correct, this will always be the case. It's my same feelings on certain wars. I may despise the cause, I may disagree with the leaders, but I will always support the troops. They deserve it 1000% for what they do.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

There will be seniors playing their last game soon.  It isn't their fault our AD's hired Voldemort and the old homeless guy looking for a cigarette butt on the sidelines.  These kids came to Nebraska and gave as well as they were coached and deserve to go out with a standing ovation.  

I agree Tony.  There were some highlights for some of these boys last night: Jack Stoll scoring his first career touchdown! Bryan Reivers (sp?) scoring big for us, Chris Weber playing lights out defense. These boys deserve our support. It's not their fault that they have inept coaches.  Yeah, we'll probably get blown out the next three games, although we could pull off a win at Minny, but Tony is right.  Let's allow these young men (seniors) to go out in style.  GBR!

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I agree Tony.  There were some highlights for some of these boys last night: Jack Stoll scoring his first career touchdown! Bryan Reivers (sp?) scoring big for us, Chris Weber playing lights out defense. These boys deserve our support. It's not their fault that they have inept coaches.  Yeah, we'll probably get blown out the next three games, although we could pull off a win at Minny, but Tony is right.  Let's allow these young men (seniors) to go out in style.  GBR!

agree, the kids were in the game.

2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Has anyone ever discovered what Eichorst was thinking when he hired MR? Seriously, did any of the reporters ask him why he chose Rikey?

Eichorst literally said he went home after the Fire Pelini press conference and took a list out of his desk from something like 10 years earlier, looked through the list and decided on Riley.

Now if you believe that .....

Sounds like what actually happened was he went after Bielema who turned him down so he went after Chryst who turned him down but told him to look at Riley.  And the rest is history.

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

May be the residual alcohol in my system but this just made me laugh out loud... well the Voldemort and homeless guy part...

19 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I really don't give a damn what Riley says anymore.  I am officially boycotting Nebraska football until Riley is gone.  Mentioned in another thread that I have cancelled my extra sports television packages.  I am not even listening to the games on the radio.

#JoinMeInTheBoycott

And yet here you are giving chimichangas a bad name.

22 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

That's not the point. With or without him we have the same chances of losing out. The point is getting a head start on the future and giving everyone the ease of mind that he is indeed not coming back next year.

It's pretty obvious what the outcome will be in 3 weeks - this is actually a chance for you to learn how to relax your mind and understand that the process is in motion and their is zero reason for what you want.  You should be glad Moos is giving you a chance to grow!!!!