Bob Diaco after Northwestern loss

ScawFraw

This D is just flat out bad.  

The D line are stoned with 1v1 blocking.  In a way it doesn't even look like they are trying to beat the O lineman.  Anyone notice how many of our D Lineman make tackles 6-10 yards down field?  How is someone trying to get upfield able to make a tackle downfield?  I really believe their ability is handcuffed by coaching.

The secondary tackling is the next thing.  They never square up to anyone.  Several of them actually turn and/or drop their head/shoulder.  Kalu was taking on RBs as a true freshman.  He's regressed.  LJ....wow.

21 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This D is just flat out bad.  

The D line are stoned with 1v1 blocking.  In a way it doesn't even look like they are trying to beat the O lineman.  Anyone notice how many of our D Lineman make tackles 6-10 yards down field?  How is someone trying to get upfield able to make a tackle downfield?  I really believe their ability is handcuffed by coaching.

The secondary tackling is the next thing.  They never square up to anyone.  Several of them actually turn and/or drop their head/shoulder.  Kalu was taking on RBs as a true freshman.  He's regressed.  LJ....wow.

I paid more attention to the DL this game.  I did not see any o them "eating up" double teams.  Most of the time, it was simply hat on hat and we lost.  Like most weeks.  I don't think we have the guys now as starters (or in the wings) to run 3-4.  Maybe like a truly multiple 3-4 where thats the base, but we put a LB on the line or put 5 up etc.....Saw Mick down field several times making tackles.  Like you said, how can you be doing "block destruction, but your free to run  down field....

Our entire secondary has regressed.  I've seen nothing with Williams or Booker to say hell yea, these guys can coach.  Of course they answer to the DC so who knows.  This staff also took a 4+ safety in Jackson and moved him to CB and a moved Kalu to safety and put Kieron Williams on a milk carton.....

Offense is a hot mess and the D is even worse.

8 minutes ago, Ocean said:

It seems like he his blaming the former dc for lack of development and teaching improper defensive techniques and then doubling down on the players for regressing back to said poor coaching...I guess this is why they are strained.  Maybe I'm in the ballpark...

Thought he was blaming the kids.  Saying that if they don't act in tandem, the system fails....