Bob Diaco after Northwestern loss

ScawFraw

23 hours ago, roadrat said:

Hey Bob, Get your ass out of the cozy press box and huddle with your defense so you can TEACH them. I don't understand why he is not on the field. He's doing the Bobby "the brain" Heenan routine. He's smarter than all you humanoids so you don't understand.

wow, i cant believe he is not on the sideline...........loser!

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Bob is saying this transition takes time.  Our personnel doesn't fit what we want to do and it takes perfect execution for that to happen and we aren't near that level of awareness of the concepts on defense.  Hence we have crazy talk from the highest paid coordinator at a post game presser.  

No that’s what you said.  He said a bunch of Mumbo jumbo about stress and strain and reasonable reasoniness. Lmao

3 hours ago, jassman24 said:

Wow, I  never have heard anyone use "reasonable reason" together before but he pulled it off. But seriously doesn't he always seem to be blaming the player without actually trying to blame them. The guy is a joke.

He was seriously serious in that post game presser.  But I agree he was throwing the blame on the players and the other defensive  staff IMO.

If you listen to Langs and Riley, there is a lot of blaming Cav or Riley blaming the game plan.  They all blame the team. That's what we hear from pressers.  I can imagine it is pretty cut throat behind the scenes and a lot of the blame game going around.  I feel comfortable saying that the atmosphere is probably toxic....

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 3

pretty much spot on i would guess, i can't imagine going .500 year after year after year........and thinking things don't have to change.....and doing the same s#!t over and over....

you would think these poor coaches would adopt a new approach, weight training, schemes, drills...............i mean if it ain't working, make changes.

Moos needs to bring in an outside agency of some sort and evaluate what this program is doing wrong........SE should have gone that way when Riley arrived or shortly thereafter.

the culture and work ethic has been s#!t for years.......yet no one seems to want to address it??

9 hours ago, Blackshirts014 said:

People here would be eating s#!t like this up if we were winning. I get that people are upset about how the team is playing but the responses to this are just dumb and sound like people who are desperate and grasping for straws. 

I wonder how many games you win in a post-game interview. 

Well sure, if we were winning this nonsensical garbage he says would be considered whacky and quaint. But we are so far away from winning that it's not even funny. On the defensive side we can't tackle, cover, generate pressure, stop the run or the pass. The resume is much the same on the offensive side of the ball. It's not even about winning at this point, it's about not being embarrassed by some of the worst teams in cfb. I think somewhere along the way the coaches got block destruction and talent development mixed up and what we're getting is talent destruction.

• Plus1 2

McKewon's rewind basically just called out the Diaco again.  Sam is usually much more cerebral about things focusing on X's and O's and doesn't usually get caught up in the craziness of what is swirling around the program. He usually offers a nice perspective for on the field and how it might relate to off the field issues which is why I like to read him. This rewind was a departure from how Sam usually writes.  Practically saying Diaco is full of it and this staff is gone.  It was a bit cathartic I bet.