Bob Diaco after Northwestern loss

ScawFraw

3 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

McKewon's rewind basically just called out the Diaco again.  Sam is usually much more cerebral about things focusing on X's and O's and doesn't usually get caught up in the craziness of what is swirling around the program. He usually offers a nice perspective for on the field and how it might relate to off the field issues which is why I like to read him. This rewind was a departure from how Sam usually writes.  Practically saying Diaco is full of it and this staff is gone.  It was a bit cathartic I bet.

I personally think Sam departs further and further from that description the longer he's at the OWH. 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, brophog said:

Which is interesting. Below is his own D-Lineman being asked about the difference in switching between a 3 and 4 man line (specifically at :40):

I just looked up the definition of strain=effort in this "translation" . The body language in this video is "interesting". Kind of sounds like other than using it for a twist, they are not in love with doing what they are doing.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:32 PM, jsneb83 said:

He reminds me of someone, but I don't want to make this a political statement.

I will - DT.  Both incoherent.  But :backtotopic

He jumps from a few weeks go that we are on the road to the best D to making excuses as to why it was impossible for his D to do any better.   There is failure tied to low expectations all over this coaching staff - OL, DC, OC, HC.

But how are we doing on Block Destruction?

To suggest there’s no reason to expect better? C’mon. Diaco may use a lot of words to say it, but the translation is, “It ain’t me you’re looking for, babe.”

Hogwash. Diaco was brought here to improve Nebraska’s defense immediately, with urgency. Riley said as much before the season. Riley had no time, in Year 3, to regress. It was a gamble he made — or one that a former boss exhorted him to make — and Diaco, however melodious a sonnet he can speak on defensive theory, has not delivered a better defense than predecessor Mark Banker.

NU is giving up more yards per play, points per game, yards per carry, third-down conversions and first downs than last year. Diaco’s vaunted red zone defense is allowing a slightly higher percentage of touchdowns than last year, and Nebraska has already faced more red zone situations, through nine games, than it did in 13 games last season.

OWH

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Well sure, if we were winning this nonsensical garbage he says would be considered whacky and quaint. But we are so far away from winning that it's not even funny. On the defensive side we can't tackle, cover, generate pressure, stop the run or the pass. The resume is much the same on the offensive side of the ball. It's not even about winning at this point, it's about not being embarrassed by some of the worst teams in cfb. I think somewhere along the way the coaches got block destruction and talent development mixed up and what we're getting is talent destruction.

No one is gonna dispute that the defense looks bad right now, but this press conference witch hunting just makes us look bad, and lends itself to a general toxic culture. 

"Oh i cant believe Diaco said we could be a good defense" "Oh i cant believe Diaco said we arent very good on defense right now." 

Why do we bitch about the coaches skipping a press conference after a game if we just want to s#!t on whatever they have to say?

56 minutes ago, Blackshirts014 said:

No one is gonna dispute that the defense looks bad right now, but this press conference witch hunting just makes us look bad, and lends itself to a general toxic culture. 

"Oh i cant believe Diaco said we could be a good defense" "Oh i cant believe Diaco said we arent very good on defense right now." 

Why do we bitch about the coaches skipping a press conference after a game if we just want to s#!t on whatever they have to say?

I haven't bitched about them skipping a press conference. You must have me confused with others. The less I hear from these coaches the better IMO.  I also am not bitching because the gibberish he said may have been interpreted to mean we aren't very good on defense right now. Anybody with two eyes and tickets or a television set can see that. But I will bitch when the DC at Nebraska basically says people should not expect them to be able to do what it takes to win a game, especially when those comments come after playing a lowly Northwestern team. It would be bad enough if said after a game with Ohio State or somebody who is obviously light years ahead of where this program is at currently. But if your system and attitude is such that you can't compete with the bottom teams in your division or conference, then GTFO and make room for somebody who can. It was a stupid, chickensh#t statement that absolved himself of all responsibility and threw the players under the bus for obvious shortcomings of this coaching staff. You bet I'll bitch about it. Every. Time. There wouldn't be a toxic culture to be concerned about if these coaches knew jack sh#t about the game of football. Think about it. They are struggling to compete with the bottom feeders of the B1G West.....and think they have legitimate excuses for that.

• Plus1 4

5 hours ago, CPT Blackshirt said:

Listen at around 22:01 through 22:24 in regards to Diaco... just a small segment but I thought it was interesting. Sounds like there is 0% Diaco is here next year based on what Benning says at the end of that. I mean... they are all gone... but first time I heard him come out and be definitive about it. 

The more concerning discussion on this is the talk of our coordinators taking shots against each other to the press and certain defensive coaches not coming within 40 yards of one another.

• Plus1 2