moos has to be regretting the no mid season firing statement

what positives is riley doing at this point? he's not recruiting. in fact he's losing recruits at this point.

riley is on the verge of his 2nd 5-7 regular season in 3 years. he's an  awful coach. just get rid of him now.

maybe this team would actually rally to win a couple more games if riley was let go. 

• Plus1 2

Nearly every coach on the board's wish list is currently employed so it's going to be pretty morose for the next month.  While I completely understand you're frustration, Riley is going to be the coach for a few more games.  Might be good to find some distractions like you mentioned.

This staff will get nothing done the remaining four games.  They know their gone and will be concentrating on finding new spots to land.  The kids will read about transfer options and study who might or might not be the HC and what it means for them.  I'm sure there are many already saying what we are. Iowa and PSU are going to kill is.....At that point we have lost the game before we have even played.  I'm sure the blame game is also going around.  Much like NU after the 2012 Wisky beatdown when guys started talking about guys playing for themselves.  Division kicks in void of leadership.  

It's not only gonna take a great "coach", but a strong willed, disciplined, accountability type person to right this ship.  

58 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Getting rid of him now does nothing but appease a bunch of "I want it my way, right now" folks.  He's gone at the end of the year.  Keeping him won't help us win anymore games, but firing him right now won't either (check out Florida's day today with their new interim coach).

the fans are the reason we have 8 million sellouts. maybe the AD should try to appease them and let riley go now.

Edited by huskerfan69