Member what Oregon State fans told us when Riley was hired?

14 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

I was ran off this board for lobbying for Frost to replace Riley his entire first year. I even emailed all the brass at UNL. Posted my reply from Perlman. Some members came at me pretty hard for it. I didnt post for a year. I just stalked anonymously. ; )

Haha, I probably would have disagreed with you at the time, because I wanted for us to be good so bad.  

I'm really curious what Perlman said.

10 minutes ago, luckyduck said:

Haha, I probably would have disagreed with you at the time, because I wanted for us to be good so bad.  

Hold up. I still have it.

Forwarded it again after the NIU loss. Eichorst was fired two days later. I will take credit. I got a reply from Bounds that was more encouraging than perlmans two years ago.

52 minutes ago, luckyduck said:

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 16, 2017, at 6:57 PM,

The original email on this chain was sent 11/1/15. This was not the right coach to fit Nebraska's culture and expectations at that time. This is not the right coach to fit Nebraska's Culture or expectations at this time. I wish I had been wrong. Hire Scott Frost and let the program heal before it goes any further towards obscurity. 9/16/2017

I understand.  You wouldn’t write unless you cared.  But hope you will consider this:

You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit?  Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement.   Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left.  And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here.  And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well.   Won’t work.   Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances.  In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.

Harvey Perlman
9 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 16, 2017, at 6:57 PM,

The original email on this chain was sent 11/1/15. This was not the right coach to fit Nebraska's culture and expectations at that time. This is not the right coach to fit Nebraska's Culture or expectations at this time. I wish I had been wrong. Hire Scott Frost and let the program heal before it goes any further towards obscurity. 9/16/2017

I understand.  You wouldn’t write unless you cared.  But hope you will consider this:

You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit?  Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement.   Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left.  And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here.  And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well.   Won’t work.   Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances.  In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.

Harvey Perlman

Harvey Perlman, Chancellor at a major University, uses a period to punctuate a question?!

I give up.

Edited by Sparker