Joel Klatt's Top 5 Coaching Candidates for all CFB

5 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Would take Moorehead and obviously Frost.  If Campbell has continued success I would possibly add him to that list as well.  Don’t want Schiano or Niumamamatotolo.  

I throw in Jason Candle from Toledo as a good one.  Unsure of Shiano.  Doing good at OSU(unsure what happened at Iowa).  

Joel Klatt, calling his shot: Scott Frost will be coaching at Nebraska or Tennessee next season.

You know, screw it.  I'm on board the Frost Express, with one stop: Lincoln. 

I'm not sure how, at this point in time, we can pass on Frost.  He's a former player, he understands physical football, and the list of coaches Frost has played under during his time in the NFL is impressive to say the least.  And I agree that if Nebraska is going to hire Frost, 4-5 million per year is not out of the question.  Because if Nebraska won't pay that range, there are schools who will.  That's not to say I don't have questions or reservations about Frost, but this seems like a get it while the window is open type of deal.

Edited by Making Chimichangas

35 minutes ago, moveitforward said:

Matt Campbell will not leave the ISU program for Nebraska.

I was thinking about Rhodes at ISU.  The guy was once mentioned for better jobs.  Things turned south for him and he got fired.

Campbell makes 2.5 anually for 5 years at ISU.  He is guaranted about 12 million.

If he could get 5 anually for 5 years.  A guaranteed 25 million why on earth would he turn it down?

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Joel Klatt, calling his shot: Scott Frost will be coaching at Nebraska or Tennessee next season.

You know, screw it.  I'm on board the Frost Express, with one stop: Lincoln. 

I'm not sure how, at this point in time, we can pass on Frost.  He's a former player, he understands physical football, and the list of coaches Frost has played under during his time in the NFL is impressive to say the least.  And I agree that if Nebraska is going to hire Frost, 4-5 million per year is not out of the question.  Because if Nebraska won't pay that range, there are schools who will.  That's not to say I don't have questions or reservations about Frost, but this seems like a get it while the window is open type of deal.

SF has made it very clear that "IF" he came back to Nebraska, money wouldn't be the first or second reason for coming or preventing him from wanting to come back.

That of course doesn't mean he will be under-paid, just that if Florida or Tennessee thought they could out bid Nebraska to get SF and SF decided he wanted to come back (assuming we did the right things for that to happen) money will not be  a factor in that decision.

• Plus1 1