Joel Klatt's Top 5 Coaching Candidates for all CFB

4 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

Name drop doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Callahan and Riley could name drop, and did, with the best of them. They tried to say, "Look, I know what I am doing because I coached under (FILL IN THE BLANK). That said, I would definitely like to see FROST. Give him a contract that would be impossible for Nebraska to buy their way out of four five years. That way, we have to stick with Frost and give him a chance. I am ready for a big time commitment and FROST is going to be the guy I want.

I have not heard one interview where MR name dropped - can you give me a small taste of what your eating.

1 hour ago, Roll Skers said:

I would take Chad Morris in a heartbeat also. His guys don’t quit on him, and gets a lot of talent at SMU. They probably could have been 2-0 against TCU and UCF if you watched the games

Not sure how long you have been around here - but "probably could have been....." doesn't really fly around NU football.

34 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

He’s going to get 5 from us. Prove me that money doesn’t have a lil to do with it. 

Think the point is that money always matters - however after a certain number it only matters to some.  SF is one of those guys that sees the ceiling lower then most in his position.  So saying that the money doesn't matter is correct even thou it really isn't.

29 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Think the point is that money always matters - however after a certain number it only matters to some.  SF is one of those guys that sees the ceiling lower then most in his position.  So saying that the money doesn't matter is correct even thou it really isn't.

And you know this... how, exactly?

22 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Dude you crack me up - there is not a single fan at NU that would "love to be 7-5".  Plus didn't you say you were done with Nebraska football.

Yeah "dude" I did say I was done watching Nebraska football, but I'm still going to visits sites, read what people say, and post something if I feel the urge to.  Is that okay with you "dude?"

And when I said Nebraska fans would "love" to be 7-5 right now, I meant compared to what our current record is.  That's why I put quotation marks around the word love in the earlier post.  Everyone, except you, understood that, "dude."  

While I feel that this was one of the worst coaching hires ever, I do not want to duplicate it in any  way, shape or form.  Just picking a name out of a hat isn't going to work this time.  I think that in all realistic avenues our choices are limited to SF or someone like Matt Campbell as well.  Those 2 guys are basically it.  Matt Campbell  has B1G roots.  He is from Ohio and I am sure would love to coach in this conference.  I think he at least gets his players to buy in and play.  That would be one huge improvement.  

Scott Frost is the ideal fit.  I think most would conclude this right now.  The rest of of those coaches are names only.  NC State really hasn't beaten anyone that great this year and have been beaten by all Top 10 teams thus far.  Not saying that they weren't in  these games, but hasn't really won anything.  The rest are just names being pulled from an option attack list.  The best option coach in the game is Paul Johnson.  If were going to name Navy and Air Force guys,, then we might as well put Johnson on the list as well.  

Were not going to catch magic in a bottle and win a national title next season with right head coach.  Its a few years away.  The theory I think that has been going around for the last decade is that were one coach away from winning a national title next season.  Not the case.  Were at least 3-4 years out for contending for the B1G West crown.  Right now were basically even with Purdue, and behind Wisky, Iowa and perhaps Northwestern.  That leaves us ahead of Illinois and Minny.  Developed talent is not there.  WE have seen 2 or 3 classes of players not get developed.  Its going to take at least that many years to get talent developed to win and believe in winning.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, PaulCrewe said:

Think Chad Morris of SMU should be on that list.  Think he may end up being very good coach.  Don’t see him leaving the south though and that address may move to College Station very soon

Ya, I could see Morris at ATM next year. I really hope we get Frost because it looks like a potential feeding-frenzy for coaches. ATM, Florida, Arkie, Ole Miss, Tenn, and UCLA could well all be hunting. One guy I like that's a little more under the radar is Neal Brown from Troy. That guy can coach.

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Yeah "dude" I did say I was done watching Nebraska football, but I'm still going to visits sites, read what people say, and post something if I feel the urge to.  Is that okay with you "dude?"

And when I said Nebraska fans would "love" to be 7-5 right now, I meant compared to what our current record is.  That's why I put quotation marks around the word love in the earlier post.  Everyone, except you, understood that, "dude."  

You sound very similar to me when I joined the board. I know you won't listen to me because I didn't listen to Knapp at first, but it isn't what you are saying but the way in which you are saying things that rub others the wrong way. You will adjust and become a great member of the board :-)