Joel Klatt's Top 5 Coaching Candidates for all CFB

3 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

How many P5 schools can you name that had roughly the same resources/facilities that Oregon St has that wins like you expect?

That said, none of what you've said disputes the fact that Riley's reputation for doing more with less gave many fans a ray of hope.

re-read what i posted- "reputation" is a subjective term-and who cares about people who believe something that wasn't deserved or factually based? I say his reputation was he was a loser which is better defined then just saying he had terrible resources- most beaver fans would agree with me on that fact and not the opinion/reputation of doing more with less- BTW as far as your silly comment about facilities Erickson came in after ML's first stint and actually did do more with less, he had a PAC championship in year 2 and took a team ML left from 5-6 to 7-5- but Ericksons reputation was he was a winner which of course was based -again on facts.

So YOU have never directed any of your comments to the my facts only replied with  comments that divert attention off from the main points.

anyway, say whatever you want because you're not using logic or facts as a base for your comments

at some point you have to understand that it is silly to belabor this thread.

Edited by Whistlepig

To put it bluntly, some parents wouldn't want their kids playing for that coach.  I don't share that view point but there is no denying the stigma that some people have towards the religion.  Google is your friend- your a smart guy do some research and you will find a gob of answers.  I am not interested in getting into a debate with you if that is where you are headed.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

To put it bluntly, some parents wouldn't want their kids playing for that coach.  I don't share that view point but there is no denying the stigma that some people have towards the religion.  Google is your friend- your a smart guy do some research and you will find a gob of answers.  I am not interested in getting into a debate with you if that is where you are headed.  

This.

We just had a LDS family move in right next door and everyone in the neighborhood was excited for a new family with kids all of our kids' age to move in. Then they found out the new family is LDS and the demeanor changed completely toward the new neighbors. It is unfortunate they are judged by their religion, especially because they are good people, but it is the reality. I work with several LDS colleagues currently and have no problem with them personally but the stigma still remains unfortunately.

On 11/9/2017 at 11:49 AM, Husker_Bohunk said:

I really don't need to read what you posted again, I did just fine the first time.

Reputations being subjective is kind of a given, however, that does not take away from the fact that Riley had a reputation for doing more with less and that is what gave many people here a ray of hope. Nothing you've said refutes that.

that wasn't the point - spin the wheel and win a banana