Thoughts and Prayers!!!

1 hour ago, commando said:

if i may ask...what has the NRA or Trump or any republican done to try to stop this? anything at all?

Well, he did repeal legislation Obama put in place that makes it harder for people with mental illnesses to get guns.  So, there's that.

It's somewhat like healthcare.  They oppose everything, repeal anything on the books..... promise something.....then.......chirp chirp chirp.........

But....now is not the time to talk about it.  It's time for thoughts and prayers.

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, commando said:

if i may ask...what has the NRA or Trump or any republican done to try to stop this? anything at all?   1 law proposed to make it tougher for these nuts?    ok....we can't take away anything gun related...but we always hear how we need tougher laws to stop the crazies....but no laws are ever proposed by anyone other than the damned libs...and trump took away the 1 law that obama passed that made it easier for agencies to communicate about mentally unstable people.  the evil libs passed 1 gun law...and were demonized for trying to keep guns out of the hands of the lunatics who do this s#!t.   in the 1920 when the gangster wars were raging the NRA stepped in and helped write legislation to ban machine guns and cut the body count......but now we can't even pass laws designed to keep guns away from deranged MF's without the NRA bringing lawsuits up to stop said laws.  

would whoever eyerolled that please share what the republicans and NRA have done to help curb the situation or explain why everything is fine the way it is?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm changing my tune, yet again, on the "eyeroll" emoji.  

I've decided only lazy people use it.  And if a person is too lazy to type at least one sentence, I don't really care for their input.

Que the lazy people in 3.....2......1.........

When I use it, it's usually because I don't think the person is worth the effort. Although sometimes I eyeroll AND reply.

• Plus1 3

I just use it to be passive aggressive, it's a stupid emoji, frankly all of them are.  Might as well just stick a -1 in there, because that's the use it gets.

On the other hand it allows me to be dismissive without the risk of getting myself banned so its got that going for it.  Although I've only ever used it on two posters and I am sure everyone can figure out who, no wait 3, redux got there with his welfare queen stuff the other day because I didn't feel like explaining how overextending yourself with credit works or why viewing the "jones's" from the outside doesn't mean that they are in a good or sustainable financial situation.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, he did repeal legislation Obama put in place that makes it harder for people with mental illnesses to get guns.  So, there's that.

It's somewhat like healthcare.  They oppose everything, repeal anything on the books..... promise something.....then.......chirp chirp chirp.........

But....now is not the time to talk about it.  It's time for thoughts and prayers.

Speaking as a psychologist. It is not Mental Illness that leads people to violence. There are very very few behavioral patterns associated with increased violence, namely, they are a history of violence. Most individuals diagnosed with mental health issues are significantly more likely to be victims of violent crime than to perpetrate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
10 minutes ago, commando said:

only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun

oops

If only this good guy with a gun had taken the time to buy a NRA-sponsored 'Good Guy' shirt and put it on, he'd still be alive today.* 

I mean, how else are the police to determine who is the good guy and who is the bad guy if we don't start enabling the good and bad guys from identifying themselves? :dunno

*Please note that "Good guy" shirts are not designed to work with any ethnicity other than Caucasian, so as to prevent Police Officers from being confused. 

I watched couple NFL games this weekend where before the national anthem they read a dedication to the shooting victims of the mass shootings over the last week.  They did this usually while showing black football players standing ready for the anthem.

The thought that went through my head was that there is this big of a dedication for the victims of mass shootings.....but.....God forbid, those same football players do some type of demonstration bringing attention to people from black communities being murdered by police officers.

• Plus1 1

Filing this away for future reference.

Sixteen full-time employees received a gift card, totaling about $8,000, according to WISN.

Each employee was allowed to choose their own handgun, media relations employee Chelsea Priest told McClatchy. Some of the employees “already had enough handguns,” though, so those employees got a rifle, she said. Most of the employees got a handgun.

Of the 16 employees, two of them had turned down the gift at first, the Post-Crescent reported, but they have since considered getting their guns after taking a gun-safety course. BenShot had each employee take the class before they could get their Christmas gift, according to the newspaper.

“I want to make sure all (of our) employees are safe and happy – a handgun was the perfect gift,” Wolfgram said, according to WBAY.

BenShot creates “bulletproof” glassware for spirits and shots, according to its Facebook page. The handmade products have real bullets embedded into the glass, as seen on the BenShot website.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Filing this away for future reference.

well...how else are they going to test those bulletproof shot glasses?    never know when someone will need to hide behind 1 of those.  of course a pistol round hasn't got much power compared to the AR-15 (the preferred weapon of mass shooters) so not sure if it's an adequate test.

• 2 months later...