Thoughts and Prayers!!!

Ohio GOP state Rep - places blame on everyone but where it belongs   - a do nothing Congress, NRA beholding politicians at all govt levels, and a president's whose rhetoric in inflammatory.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-gop-mass-shootings-trans-people-gay-marriage-142516116.html

After mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, this weekend, a Republican state lawmaker from Ohio blamed the violence on “homosexual marriage,” “drag queen advocates” and more in a bizarre Facebook post. 

State Rep. Candice Keller complained about Democrats playing “the blame game” after every mass shooting in a post on her personal Facebook account. The lawmaker from Middletown — a small city 30 miles south of Dayton, where a gunman killed nine on Sunday — wrote that the real blame should be on the “breakdown of the traditional American family” and “acceptance of recreational marijuana.” 

“Why not place the blame where it belongs?” Keller asked before listing the issues she believes are to blame for mass shootings in the country:

The breakdown of the traditional American family (thank you, transgender, homosexual marriage, and drag queen advocates); fatherlessness, a subject no one discuses or believes is relevant; the ignoring of violent video games; the relaxing of laws against criminals (open borders); the acceptance of recreational marijuana; failed school policies (hello parents who defend misbehaving students); disrespect to law enforcement (thank you, Obama); hatred of our veterans (thank you, professional athletes who hate our flag and National Anthem); the Dem Congress, many members whom are open anti-Semitic; the culture, which totally ignores the importance of God and the church (until they elect a President); state officeholders, who have no interest whatsoever in learning about our Constitution and the Second Amendement; and snowflakes, who can’t accept a duly-elected President. 

Keller concluded the post, writing: “Did I forget anybody? The list is long. And the fury will continue.” The post is not visible to everyone on Facebook, but screenshots of Keller’s remarks have circulated on Twitter. 

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Probably looks bad because the last 48 hours have been hell?  

Also, he said the wrong place but that speech was nails.  Hit everything that needed to be said.  Condemned the correct people and groups and had ideas to help stop this s#!t and the best part...calling for quick and swift death for these a$$h@!es.  

Dude was golfing and crashed a wedding. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

He can't even get the town right. And why is he sniffing so much? He looks terrible.

I think he was crying right before this and that's why he has the sniffles. They told him he had to condemn his confederate loving neo nazi friends and he threw a crying fit like a toddler.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I always to thought that room was a lot bigger than it really is...

I've been to several presidential libraries and they will have a replica of the WH oval office during the time the president was there.  Neat to see if you get a chance. 

Holy Crap! They say Trump is such a narcissist that he can’t admit a mistake and he doesn’t read that often that he will make up words as he goes and refuse to say he meant or said otherwise. 

You can can see it as he finishes the Toledo sentence. He quickly shakes his head like he made a mistake and you can see the half second pause on what to do next. He licks his lips and then moves on to the next sentence with no correction and like nothing happened.

I'm not going to bash the president, even though that's pretty much a perpetual urge for me anymore and he deserves it.

I didn't watch his speech as I don't really pay attention to his official statements anymore, but it seems like he was trying to go out and say the right thing for once.

That's the problem, though. He's tried this... once. He's said the wrong thing so many times. And it greatly contributed to how we got here.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

it seems like he was trying to go out and say the right thing for once.

But he wasn't. He was simply doing damage control. It was for his benefit, not Dayton's or El Paso's.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

• Plus1 2

And .... at 20 hours post press conference the uncontrolled, paranoid, real Trump comes out via tweet.  He can't make it a full day behaving and acting like a mature adult in a leadership position.  

Anybody giving him credit for (kinda) reading successfully off a teleprompter is a sucker.

1186658376_ScreenShot2019-08-06at8_24_09AM.png.a2ea13c299c07ed1d41eafca44384c8c.png1347257572_ScreenShot2019-08-06at8_26_34AM.png.b2eb128d857e3d4650af643992622168.png

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting that he talks about how out of control Obama's era was with 32 mass shootings.  Does he know how many there have been just in 2019?  Obviously not.

Also....the entire "Did Bush criticize Obama" mantra is just idiotic.  Obama did not incite anywhere close to the amount of racism and hatred for immigrants/minorities that Trump has.  Again....there's a reason why people like David Duke, KKK, Neo-Nazis are celebrating in the streets over his election.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1