Thoughts and Prayers!!!

21 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

While there's something to be said about the lesser of evils, especially this election cycle, one thing to keep in mind is one of the few things both the GOP and DNC were able to agree upon was passing legislation to make it extremely hard on third parties to make the ballot for both Federal and State elections. 

For example, Kinky Freedman was a third party candidate running in a four horse race in Texas for Governor a few years back...though many folks outside of the large metropolitan areas wouldn't know it, as third party candidates would have to go to every single county and get a percentage of signatures from that county just to be on the ballot. 

Ross Perot had to spend millions of his own money for equal air time because election laws wouldn't include him or provide funds (like they do for GOP and DNC candidates) because the party didn't make a certain threshold of votes (IIRC, 10% of all votes) to receive matching funds. 

What we need is a moderate, independent candidate that can go in and get changes to our election system completed--model some of our election cycle laws after Japan, who limit their election campaigning to ~60 days from the election and require equal air time for candidates. Or other countries, like Great Britain, that are have (at least) four viable political parties that encompass differing parts of the political spectrum.

yes.....and put in the ability to have a "No confidence" vote like Britain.  

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Redux said:

Man, this forum never disappoints!  Keep spinning that yarn

Edit: this is just a crap post.  I'm a registered non partisan and have only voted R in one election.  I'm catching hell for not liking AOC and it lumps me in as a Right wing nut.  Such hypocrisy

Bret Bielma checked a lot of boxes for a head coach, still ecstatic Eichorst didn't get to hire him.

Sorry that you assumed that post was directed at you...

I addressed that it was meant for somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sorry that you assumed that post was directed at you...

I addressed that it was meant for somewhere else.

No problem, I'm trying to cool the waters.  I came in here because of my original disgust at another tragedy getting used as political fodder.  I stand by that, sorry I Unleashed my conspiracy political thoughts on a thread that wasn't suited for it.

16 hours ago, Redux said:

Sorry gang, didn't realize I'd wandered into the AOC support club!  That George W. Bush, what a dummy, amirite?

Actually, now that he's distanced himself from Cheney and some of that other ilk, he's actually become very moderate and has been doing respectable charity work. 

Plus, he's pissed off the Republicans in Texas for being too moderate on more than a few occasions and treating Obama like a human being, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Redux said:

No problem, I'm trying to cool the waters.  I came in here because of my original disgust at another tragedy getting used as political fodder.  I stand by that, sorry I Unleashed my conspiracy political thoughts on a thread that wasn't suited for it.

I mean... One of the shootings was politically motivated.

1 hour ago, commando said:

When I saw this, I was wondering which side the Republicans would support.  Because...you know....they are the only ones that support police and think Blue Lives Matter......but.....hey......no way should we be able to regulate if the other guy could have that gun or not.

7 hours ago, commando said:

Curious as to what kind of "assault style weapon" this was, the article just says gun.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Curious as to what kind of "assault style weapon" this was, the article just says gun.

on the news they showed footage.  couldn't see the gun well...but it was more than a pistol and from the sound it was a large capacity magazine.

1 minute ago, commando said:

on the news they showed footage.  couldn't see the gun well...but it was more than a pistol and from the sound it was a large capacity magazine.

So it's going to fall into the middle of a venn diagram where it's basically a hunting rifle but has the aesthetics of a fully auto

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm sorry, did my voice sound too sarcastic when I said a perfectly logical observation?

your observation also fits what the dayton shooter had..   and he shot 1 person a second for nearly 30 seconds  before police could kill him.   really just a harmless hunting rifle with an extended clip.  no problem.

but i am sorry i offended you.  i beg your forgiveness and grant you my eternal thoughts and prayers for your feeling.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1