Thoughts and Prayers!!!

1 minute ago, commando said:

your observation also fits what the dayton shooter had..   and he shot 1 person a second for nearly 30 seconds  before police could kill him.   really just a harmless hunting rifle with an extended clip.  no problem.

Can you go back and highlight the parts where I disagreed with you or made you seem to think I was picking a fight/argument?  Because I'm not, and wasn't.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

So looks like was identified as a 49 year old with an extensive list of criminal activity, unlawfully possessing a firearm among the list.  So this isn't really a more gun regulation thing.  He wasn't allowed to have one, yet he did anyways.  And he did so more than likely by purchasing/obtaining illegally from the Vargos MC which he is disputable affiliated with.

1 hour ago, commando said:

but i am sorry i offended you.  i beg your forgiveness and grant you my eternal thoughts and prayers for your feeling.   

You're pretty much epitomizing what drives people away from the P&R forum, so kudos if that's your goal here.

• Thanks 3
13 minutes ago, commando said:

good lord.   

Hey, I came in with no agenda, made a very casual observation, and you almost immediately turned on the triggered angry attitude.  You wanna have a boxing match, quote me in the shed.  I had zero intentions of making THIS of all things into a thing.  Sorry to disappoint.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Redux said:

So looks like was identified as a 49 year old with an extensive list of criminal activity, unlawfully possessing a firearm among the list.  So this isn't really a more gun regulation thing.  He wasn't allowed to have one, yet he did anyways.  And he did so more than likely by purchasing/obtaining illegally from the Vargos MC which he is disputable affiliated with.

Wouldn't a background check have helped? While he may have gotten the guns from Vargos MC, it's at least as likely he bought them somewhere without a background check.

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Wouldn't a background check have helped? While he may have gotten the guns from Vargos MC, it's at least as likely he bought them somewhere without a background check.

Well certainly, background checks are something we absolutely need.  But I would make the assumption he obtained it through less honest means if he has a record as extensive as his.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is probably why it lasted so long.  If there weren't hostages, this guy would have been toast in the first 30 minutes.

This was my thought exactly.  No need to go in guns blazing if the outcome is all the officers are home safe at the end of the day.  Good job to this PD.

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be interested in knowing if his sister that he shot and killed that night had cocaine in her blood also.  Or....was he doing this on the side and the people he was with didn't know he was using it.

Why does it matter is she or anybody else there had drugs in her system?