Thoughts and Prayers!!!

Arrested at his home in Antioch, IL.

17-year-old arrested for murder and fleeing state after Kenosha shootings that left two dead

A 17-year-old Illinois resident has been arrested by police for first-degree murder after allegedly fatally shooting two Wisconsin protesters on Tuesday evening.

Kyle Rittenhouse of Antioch, Illinois, was charged in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and labelled as a "fugitive of justice", according to Lake County, Illinois Clerk of Courts public records first obtained by the Daily

Dot.

The Antioch Police Department made the arrest on Wednesday after the suspect allegedly fled Wisconsin for his home state following the shooting.

"(The suspect) fled the state of Wisconsin with the intent to avoid prosecution for that offence," according to the document.

He faces charges of "first degree intentional homicide".

Video footage from the event showed a gunman in the middle of the street brandishing a semi-automatic rifle before firing off the shots that hit multiple people. Eye witnesses then said the gunman was allowed to walk past police without getting arrested. In one video, protesters are heard shouting at police that he was the gunman as the officer drove by to attend to the victims.

As video footage circulated about the shooting, social media users identified the potential suspect as Rittenhouse. His Facebook page is no longer available to the public, but previous posts allegedly included Blue Lives Matter and pro-police statements. One image circulating of Rittenhouse showed the juvenile carrying a rifle similar to what was allegedly used during the shooting.

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth confirmed to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel earlier on Wednesday that armed people have been patrolling the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin, in response to the looting, burning, and other damage to buildings and cars in the area during the protests. He could not say if the gunman from Tuesday was among them.

• Thanks 1

That bolded, man.

giphy.gif

I haven't seen that video. I hope it was a triage situation where there were only so many officers and they decided to tend to the victims rather than just letting this kid walk away.

It was just a matter of time before this happened with tensions being what they are and these armed nut job militias patrolling the streets.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Now we have Tucker Carlson justifying the guy killing protestors as "Maintaining Order" - great Tucker, let's encourage more psychos with assault weapons go shoot people at protests. 

Saw that.

Then he invited Josh Hawley on to lie about Biden's response to the unrest.

Tucker is a disgusting sociopath POS and Hawley is a dishonest empty suit.

• Plus1 1

This whole thing with the 17 year old is just an ugly mess. Yeah the kid is an absolute idiot and POS for putting himself in that position, but and this is a huge but, the first person he shot wasn't some innocent bystander. I've watched quite a few videos of the incident, and he was clearly an agitator himself, was chasing the kid, and threw something at him just before being shot. Then the kid stayed next to the victim and seemed to call somebody (maybe the police) before running from the mob. The next two people shot assualted the kid and one appeared to point a pistol at him. After that he got away and ran to the cop APCs with his hands up and walked by them. I'm guessing the cops didn't know who he was at the time, but it's insane that he was able to pass through after a shooting near by. I'm guessing the APCs are the same ones that rolled through and picked up the victim who was shot in the arm (who seems to be the one who had the pistol and apparently maybe a felon himself), so there's a plausible story why they didn't grab him.

This isn't clear cut murder, but it's definitely homicide or manslaughter of some kind. And a lot of s#!ttiness all around.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This whole thing with the 17 year old is just an ugly mess. Yeah the kid is an absolute idiot and POS for putting himself in that position, but and this is a huge but, the first person he shot wasn't some innocent bystander. I've watched quite a few videos of the incident, and he was clearly an agitator himself, was chasing the kid, and threw something at him just before being shot. Then the kid stayed next to the victim and seemed to call somebody (maybe the police) before running from the mob. The next two people shot assualted the kid and one appeared to point a pistol at him. After that he got away and ran to the cop APCs with his hands up and walked by them. I'm guessing the cops didn't know who he was at the time, but it's insane that he was able to pass through after a shooting near by. I'm guessing the APCs are the same ones that rolled through and picked up the victim who was shot in the arm (who seems to be the one who had the pistol and apparently maybe a felon himself), so there's a plausible story why they didn't grab him.

This isn't clear cut murder, but it's definitely homicide or manslaughter of some kind. And a lot of s#!ttiness all around.

His first mistake was bringing a gun to a protest. 

After that, there is a chance it’s going to go south real fast. 

He clearly wasn’t there to support the peaceful protest against the police shooting. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

His first mistake was bringing a gun to a protest. 

After that, there is a chance it’s going to go south real fast. 

He clearly wasn’t there to support the peaceful protest against the police shooting. 

Agreed, but it would seem that everything he did up until pulling the trigger was legal (unless there is something about transporting a weapon or something... Idk). And a reasonable cause could be argued for self defense from some of what I've seen.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Agreed, but it would seem that everything he did up until pulling the trigger was legal (unless there is something about transporting a weapon or something... Did). And a reasonable cause could be argued for self defense from some of what I've seen.

He was underage and It was against the law for him to have the firearm to begin with (from what I understand). 

19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

He was underage and It was against the law for him to have the firearm to begin with (from what I understand). 

Yeah I'm not sure on all the legalities of a minor and a fire arm I think it's state by state right? I know the NRA was really pushing to have minors be able to possess guns years ago.

*From what I have seen, which may not be the whole story*

There is a 20-some second clip of him in the direct aftermath of a shooting where he is on his phone, carrying the same gun, and someone else is tending to a victim. The guy tending to the victim claims he is the shooter of the victim.

*Between clips he flees the scene*

A minute and a half clip shows people going after the person, yelling he is the shooter, trying to take him down and one tries to take his gun when he goes to the ground. The gun is strapped to him and doesn’t come free and then proceeds to fire on multiple nearby people. He then walks away from the scene as cops move straight toward the scene. He holds up his hands and says something about helping earlier as onlookers say he is the shooter. Cops initially slow past him before driving toward victims closer to the incident.

*A 20-something second clip shows a bit afterward*

Cops try to get the shooter to not advance and he says he works for a business down the street. After a few back and forths the video stops, but assumably he passes based on this lie.