Thoughts and Prayers!!!

So whats the list up to of places where you might get shot and killed in this country now?

-Elementary school

-High School

-College

-Movie theatre

-Concert

-Massage parlor

-Grocery store

-Malls

-Walmart

-Festivals

-Churches

-Synagogues

-Mosques

-Bars

-Hospitals

-Video game competitions

-Yoga studios

-Nightclubs

Am I missing anything?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

So whats the list up to of places where you might get shot and killed in this country now?

-Elementary school

-High School

-College

-Movie theatre

-Concert

-Massage parlor

-Grocery store

-Malls

-Walmart

-Festivals

-Churches

-Synagogues

-Mosques

-Bars

-Hospitals

-Video game competitions

-Yoga studios

-Nightclubs

Am I missing anything?

Restaurant

Post Office

Workplace

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Interesting that Blue Lives Matter when it's people of color have mostly peaceful protests over the summer, but when an officer gets killed in the line of duty by a gun-toting white male it's mainly crickets about Blue Lives Matter. 

You must be looking in the wrong places. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Interesting that Blue Lives Matter when it's people of color have mostly peaceful protests over the summer, but when an officer gets killed in the line of duty by a gun-toting white male it's mainly crickets about Blue Lives Matter. 

That's because "Blue Lives Matter" isn't a belief, it's a defense mechanism for people that are unwilling to say "Black Lives Matter".

I've seen plenty of social media posts and news story honoring the fallen officer.  But I've yet to see #bluelivesmatter.  I'm guessing because there wasn't #blacklivesmatter involved in this situation.

• Plus1 8
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That's because "Blue Lives Matter" isn't a belief, it's a defense mechanism for people that are unwilling to say "Black Lives Matter".

I've seen plenty of social media posts and news story honoring the fallen officer.  But I've yet to see #bluelivesmatter.  I'm guessing because there wasn't #blacklivesmatter involved in this situation.

You summarized what I have seen, as well.  Plenty of posts thinking about the fallen officer and his family, but few comments specifically about #bluelivesmatter, especially from those who were making the #bluelivesmatter social media posts the past year.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I sometimes wish they wouldn't release the names/identities of these killers. Not looking forward to all the hot takes based solely off of his name.

Oh come on now...

You mean you won't get a kick out of all those people that didn't want to talk about possible causes of the shooting out of respect for the victims all of a sudden feeling the need to scream about what caused the shooting?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I sometimes wish they wouldn't release the names/identities of these killers. Not looking forward to all the hot takes based solely off of his name.

59 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Oh come on now...

You mean you won't get a kick out of all those people that didn't want to talk about possible causes of the shooting out of respect for the victims all of a sudden feeling the need to scream about what caused the shooting?

It's kinda bizarre. Before they released the shooter's name, there were people clamoring that we "can't politicize this" and that "there isn't an issue with guns and/or mental health" but as soon as they released a "not white sounding" name, they switched to "TERRORISTS!!" and "CLOSE ALL THE BORDERS!!" 

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, GSG said:

Before they released the shooter's name, there were people clamoring that we "can't politicize this" and that "there isn't an issue with guns and/or mental health" but as soon as they released a "not white sounding" name, they switched to "TERRORISTS!!" and "CLOSE ALL THE BORDERS!!" 

All they're really saying is they can't politicize the issue until they've determined whether or not the facts align with their established perspective.

• Plus1 1