Thoughts and Prayers!!!

10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I can't keep up with all the mass shootings, so here's this.  It covers the dates of Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

On the plus side, the return to mass shootings is another sign that America is emerging from the pandemic.

• Plus1 1

These are moving so fast that we barely have time to digest them.

The Rigby Idaho shooting was notable in that the shooter was a sixth grader -- troubling -- and a girl -- extremely rare. 

That was four days ago, and I can find no follow up  on means, motives, parents, or consequences. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

These are moving so fast that we barely have time to digest them.

The Rigby Idaho shooting was notable in that the shooter was a sixth grader -- troubling -- and a girl -- extremely rare. 

That was four days ago, and I can find no follow up  on means, motives, parents, or consequences. 

Mass shootings are barely front page news. It's kind of crazy. 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That’s a good thing in my view.  Media hopefully taking it slow to get correct info about instead trying to first to report then issuing correction after correction.  I’m fine waiting a few days 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s a good thing in my view.  Media hopefully taking it slow to get correct info about instead trying to first to report then issuing correction after correction.  I’m fine waiting a few days 

I agree, although that traditionally hasn't been the case. You usually get a social media check, interviews with teachers, fellow students and neighbors, an attempt to get a statement from a family member, none of which would require a correction, even if it does invite speculation — usually not practiced by the reporters themselves.

Only follow up I saw involved the heroic actions of the teacher who subdued the girl.

So it's hard to tell if the media suddenly decided to take this one "slow" or if this shooting -- lacking a fatality -- just got superseded by a fresh mass shooting. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So it's hard to tell if the media suddenly decided to take this one "slow" or if this shooting -- lacking a fatality -- just got superseded by a fresh mass shooting

Merely injuring kids doesn't move the needle much these days.  Depressing.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are we still doing the flag at half staff thing for these shootings, or have people pretty much given up on that?

Ive given up all together. Nothing will ever change. Its the country we live in and just got to hope it doesnt happen to you or your family. Sad. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Are we still doing the flag at half staff thing for these shootings, or have people pretty much given up on that?

They all seem to be half mast. I think between mass shootings, Covid, and Trump failing to take back power...kind of covers everyone. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Then there's Deguns, the huge gun shop east of Lincoln on Hwy 34.  For years they flew a giant American flag.  This January, for some mysterious reason, they took the American flag down and replaced it with a giant yellow Don't Tread on Me flag. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Then there's Deguns, the huge gun shop east of Lincoln on Hwy 34.  For years they flew a giant American flag.  This January, for some mysterious reason, they took the American flag down and replaced it with a giant yellow Don't Tread on Me flag. 

Well of course. That flag is more important to great patriots than the American flag. 

• Plus1 1