Thoughts and Prayers!!!

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yeah I'm not sure on all the legalities of a minor and a fire arm I think it's state by state right? I know the NRA was really pushing to have minors be able to possess guns years ago.

What I read said it was illegal for him to have the gun in either state, and doing illegal act would negate the self defense. I could be wrong though. 

46 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Agreed, but it would seem that everything he did up until pulling the trigger was legal (unless there is something about transporting a weapon or something... Idk). And a reasonable cause could be argued for self defense from some of what I've seen.

It’s the biggest problem with people carrying guns. 

if you choose to do so, there is a chance you are going to end up here. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

This whole thing with the 17 year old is just an ugly mess. Yeah the kid is an absolute idiot and POS for putting himself in that position, but and this is a huge but, the first person he shot wasn't some innocent bystander. I've watched quite a few videos of the incident, and he was clearly an agitator himself, was chasing the kid, and threw something at him just before being shot. Then the kid stayed next to the victim and seemed to call somebody (maybe the police) before running from the mob. The next two people shot assualted the kid and one appeared to point a pistol at him. After that he got away and ran to the cop APCs with his hands up and walked by them. I'm guessing the cops didn't know who he was at the time, but it's insane that he was able to pass through after a shooting near by. I'm guessing the APCs are the same ones that rolled through and picked up the victim who was shot in the arm (who seems to be the one who had the pistol and apparently maybe a felon himself), so there's a plausible story why they didn't grab him.

This isn't clear cut murder, but it's definitely homicide or manslaughter of some kind. And a lot of s#!ttiness all around.

i saw another video shot from a distance.   the guy ran up to a store and shot someone then started running away with people chasing him.  wish i could find it again but it got buried by everyone reposting that same video you saw.   

20 minutes ago, commando said:

i saw another video shot from a distance.   the guy ran up to a store and shot someone then started running away with people chasing him.  wish i could find it again but it got buried by everyone reposting that same video you saw.   

That's not what happened. There's a video of red shirt guy chasing and throwing a bag at the kid as he's running away towards the store, immediately before he's shot and killed. Red shirt can be seen holding the bag in another video earlier on where he yells "shoot me nigga!" several times at the armed individuals while he's acting agitated in the crowd. Another video immediately after the shooting (I wouldn't recommend watching it because it shows him deing up close and you can literally hear his death rattle) shows the same plastc bag on the ground where it was thrown. I only mention the bag because there are people on Reddit trying to claim he threw a Molotov when it very cleary was only a bag.

20 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

17 isn't legal to open carry in Wisconsin.  He was breaking the law the minute he strapped his gun on.

Even that's not cut and dry

Could the suspect carry the rifle legally?

Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old militia member who has been arrested and is facing a homicide charge in the matter, was not old enough to legally carry the assault-style rifle he had, according to statutes, which say anyone under 18 who "goes armed" with any deadly weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. John Monroe, a lawyer who specializes in gun rights cases, believes an exception for rifles and shotguns, intended to allow people age 16 and 17 to hunt, could apply. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would have a really hard time if that argument would stand up in his court case.  What was he hunting?

Obviously I don't know the specific law, but there's always loop holes. This case is just all around sad, disturbing, and a complete mess.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep....

This single case encompasses so much of what is wrong right now.

It's insane to see the mental gymnastics done by people to justify shooting someone. Oh he wasn't following commands, there for the police needed to shoot him multiple times. Oh he had a criminal record, so he was okay he was shot. Oh he was on drugs, so it was okay to kneel on his neck for multiple minutes. 

Just because someone is a s#!tty person, doesn't mean the police, or anyone with a gun for that matter - gets to play judge, jury and executioner. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's not about owning the gun...it's the open carry.  Open carry is for individuals 18 and above in Wisconsin.  That seems to be pretty cut and dry. 

He might be able to own a gun underage but he can't carry it openly.

And...there's a big difference between a 17 year old openly carrying a gun in the northern woods of Wisconsin and carrying one in down town Kenosha in the middle of a protest.

• Plus1 2

Does anybody here feel like they can give a concise synopsis of the timeline of events with the shooting between the guy with the AR15 and then how the guy with the pistol enters into the equation?

I've read through a bunch of posts in this thread and there's a lot of good info but it's still not entirely clear to me.

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

This police chief's brain is broke.

What's more he words aren't really supported by Wisconsin's  statutes.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/III/48

939.49 Defense of property and protection against retail theft.
(1) A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with the person's property. Only such degree of force or threat thereof may intentionally be used as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. It is not reasonable to intentionally use force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm for the sole purpose of defense of one's property

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1