Thoughts and Prayers!!!

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Does anybody here feel like they can give a concise synopsis of the timeline of events with the shooting between the guy with the AR15 and then how the guy with the pistol enters into the equation?

I've read through a bunch of posts in this thread and there's a lot of good info but it's still not entirely clear to me.

Best I can tell pistol guy was part of the mob chasing the shooter after the first victim had been shot. The shooter tripped and fell, which is when skateboard guy assualted him and was shot and killed. Another guy came in and tried to take the gun, stumbled and staggered off. Pistol guy followed right behind those two and may have pointed the pistol at the shooter before retreating a few step then coming back, then moving away and being shot in the arm. All that happened within seconds. That's the best I can remember.

16 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

How is the main takeaway here that it's an INCREDIBLY BAD IDEA to have roving gangs of right-wing nutjobs open-carrying in cities with protests "helping" the police?

Can we take a step back and realize how closely that teeters towards crap seen in historically fascist governments?

Yes, but you know this is what the 2nd amendment is all about.  The founders envisioned a country where 17 year olds were to be called upon to defend property and become self-appointed policemen.   :sarcasm  Seriously,  this is where the last 50 years of NRA dominance of the GOP party has brought us to.  We have a 'law and order' president who promotes lawlessness as he praises that there are good people on both sides.  Obviously  this 17 year old felt empowered.  Being a front row supporter of trump, I'm sure he is a member of the cult who is empowered by trump's tough speech.  17 year guys typically don't have their heads screwed on very well. Where was this kid's parents?  Will they be held liable for their under age son's actions?  Perhaps trump has become his father figure.  :dunno 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Best I can tell pistol guy was part of the mob chasing the shooter after the first victim had been shot. The shooter tripped and fell, which is when skateboard guy assualted him and was shot and killed. Another guy came in and tried to take the gun, stumbled and staggered off. Pistol guy followed right behind those two and may have pointed the pistol at the shooter before retreating a few step then coming back, then moving away and being shot in the arm. All that happened within seconds. That's the best I can remember.

Thanks. And, wow.

NOBODY should be going out with a gun. I fully support everyone's right to defend their life with a gun - but that's not the context here at all. You don't go out to these "front lines" protests/riots with guns. Both parties are looking for a scuffle, and how anybody can see that any differently is beyond me.

This goes for all of these kids. And how does the guy with the pistol support his case? "Well, I was there to protest but I brought a gun just in case." Don't do that - don't go out there at all. And if you do go out, and you see the guy with the AR15...run the other way and call the police...right?

• Plus1 4
16 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I used to carry my rifle around when I was 17 as well...but I couldn't do it in public...I had to do it on friends land when we went pheasant hunting. 

Not saying you're making this up but a rifle isn't the correct tool for pheasant hunting.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

EImQcox.gif

Super off-topic but when quail hunting almost 20 years ago, a dog we were hunting with stuck its face into a tuft of snowy brome grass and came out with a quail in its mouth. The bird wriggled out of its mouth, flew up, and my friend shot it out of the air.

It was weird.

• Plus1 2

• 6 months later...