Thoughts and Prayers!!!

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I guess I don't see it as complicated.

That's because you're right. It's really not complicated. There is a simple solution to gun violence in this country except it will probably never happen because a) gun ownership and use is akin to a personality trait and 2) too many people make too much money off of it.

If enough Americans wanted to actually do something serious about, we could. Instead, we get vague notions of navigating mental health problems and not stepping on people's freedoms.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If they don't give them up, fine and incarcerate them.  It's super-duper scary to knock on their door because they think they're defending themselves from tyranny? Too bad. If a psychopath shoots a guy, prosecute them. 

Tell that to the wife/kids/parents of the cop you sent to take away those guns...

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Tell that to the wife/kids/parents of the cop you sent to take away those guns...

I'll tell them the same thing when an officer is shot busting down the door of somebody harboring drugs (which SWAT teams are used all the time for), thank you for your service and for upholding the law.

It isn't complicated. Stop trying to make it complicated. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'll tell them the same thing when an officer is shot busting down the door of somebody harboring drugs (which SWAT teams are used all the time for), thank you for your service and for upholding the law.

It isn't complicated. Stop trying to make it complicated. 

Typical answer for a lefty.

F#ck the Police! Defund the Police! ACAB!

Wait...we need to take millions of guns from people that don't want to give them up...

That's a job for.the Police!!

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Wait...we need to take millions of guns from people that don't want to give them up...

Does Dr. Strangelove hold these views?

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You may have jumped the shark on this one.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yeah, those are views I do not hold. I happen to think those views cost Democrats winnable Senate and House races. I hope they do a better job of distancing themselves from those talking points in order to do better in 2022.

You did not address my argument. I don't care that they don't want to give up their guns. Drug dealers don't want to give up their drugs, it does not mean that if guns are illegal they can't be treated the same. 

But for you this must be worth it, right? Hot off the press:

https://www.1011now.com/2021/05/30/police-2-dead-over-20-injured-in-fla-banquet-hall-shooting/

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, those are views I do not hold. I happen to think those views cost Democrats winnable Senate and House races. I hope they do a better job of distancing themselves from those talking points in order to do better in 2022.

You did not address my argument. I don't care that they don't want to give up their guns. Drug dealers don't want to give up their drugs, it does not mean that if guns are illegal they can't be treated the same. 

But for you this must be worth it, right? Hot off the press:

https://www.1011now.com/2021/05/30/police-2-dead-over-20-injured-in-fla-banquet-hall-shooting/

You haven't paid attention to my stance if you think I feel that way.

We will not agree on this, so that's enough for me.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What universal background check would have prevented this?  

I think guns in general should be banned. Background checks don't go nearly far enough, you are correct. 

Unless you can provide valid enough reasons for average citizens to own AK-47s that is also worth a mass shooting every day in this country.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What universal background check would have prevented this?  

That's a bit of a straw man. Gun laws do not boil down to 'universal background checks.'

If we had less weapon inventory, a strict and stringent purchase process, and complete bans on ownership of certain types of weapons, then we'd probably be on a more direct path to preventing incidents like this.

• Plus1 2