A certain offensive lineman

Geeboo07

11 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Wasting talent is a good phrase.  I think that we are limited in talent.  The talent gap from starters and next in line is pretty big.  But in saying that, I think we have some in that next man up category that have more want too and effort.  This program needs more guys with want too and effort first and talent second.  I think all season long our players have not really had that effort or want too.  This is the difference in a team like Iowa beating Ohio St.  Iowa wanted that win, while I don't know if our players even want to practice let alone win a home  game.

Have you seen a backup at a position but running back? I don’t even know most of the #2’s. 

Coaching and player development are so terrible that I don’t think we have a clue how talented the roster really is. Some of these guys might completely turn things around if they had someone who knows what he’s doing with respect to strength and conditioning, and if we had coaches who understand how to motivate and teach players, develop a team identity, promote hard work and toughness, find the best players and get them on the field, scheme to put those players in position to maximize their skills and make plays, etc.

This staff has to be one of the worst in the conference at doing each of those things. So whatever talent we have is being misused and wasted. 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

Khalil Davis and Ben Stille have really looked good. I think Parrella is doing a really good job actually! Whether they DL is set up for success or not is a different question

Again, I'm not talking about individual players.

Our D Line body of work has to be as bad as anyone in the country.  That being said, the athletic ability of Davis and Stille is pretty well documented.

My entire point has to do with the disconnect.  This program is clearly not developing players and I think it could be argued it's marginalizing them.

On a side note....Nothing about the D Line performance is good.  I have no idea how good Parrella is.  It may not be fair as he is a part of this staff.

Edited by gobiggergoredder

25 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Our D Line body of work has to be as bad as anyone in the country.  That being said, the athletic ability of Davis and Stille is pretty well documented.

My entire point has to do with the disconnect.  This program is clearly not developing players and I think it could be argued it's marginalizing them.

On a side note....Nothing about the D Line performance is good.  I have no idea how good Parrella is.  It may not be fair as he is a part of this staff.

Our DL is certainly no Clemson, but it is one of our best units on the team as a whole

39 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

Gates is such a wussy. The dude is in horrible shape, and plays with a horrible attitude. Gates is the perfect example, as is Lamar Jackson, of Mike Riley's lack of authority of his program. These two should not even be on the three deep with the effort they put forth. 

Folks said Bo's culture was a toxic one. Riley looked at it and said "eh, hold my beer". 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Roll Skers said:

*Cough* Kieron Williams... I’m still shocked he doesn’t play more. He may lack consistency covering but dang he tried hard and always was hitting the running back

:yeah

"Lacking consistency covering" pretty much describes our entire defensive backfield for the last three years.  At least Kieron actually makes some plays.

4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Our D line play has been the only redeeming force on our defense this year. but in the 3-4 you only got 3 of them up front. outnumbered as they are they still get a good push and fill the gaps they need too like they are supposed too in a 3-4 scheme. the linebackers making the tackles and the secondary covering their receivers has been another matter.

Of any current staff member Parrella has earned the right to remain on staff for the next coach. I hope he does, he is the only guy on staff who recruits and well and has his position group playing at a high level every week.

player development has been and is the Achilles heel of this Riley coached team.  Stunning to see what little gains have been made across the board (except maybe the WR's...).  It doesnt matter what offense is run, if the O line cant block, there is no change of being successful imo