Let’s not be nasty these for these final 3 games

9 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

The players and coaches are doing their best. Riley and his assistants didn’t come here to fail.

Yes, there have been mistakes. We may have different opinions on judgment calls. But there is no need for personal insults and nastiness. 

The players are young adults. They, in particular, deserve our support.

I also don’t believe in schadenfreude.

Nebraska is the home of the greatest fans in college football so let’s act that way.

Lost me after the first sentence. 

• Plus1 3

13 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

The players and coaches are doing their best. Riley and his assistants didn’t come here to fail.

Yes, there have been mistakes. We may have different opinions on judgment calls. But there is no need for personal insults and nastiness. 

Nebraska is the home of the greatest fans in college football so let’s act that way.

Meh, game plan and film study is already getting done for MN so there is no point in getting in a hissy fit. Then the PSU game and then finally the last few days (remember, short week). The 25th will be here before anyone even realizes it. 

15 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

It's not the players fault that they are not being coached up and motivated...  Cavanaugh and langsdorf on the other hand can kick rocks......  SEE YA' !!!

Its never been personal, unless you listen to his pre and post game pressers when he lies about almost everything.  Lies about wanting to run the ball more.  Lies about why his team isn't performing.  HE is dislusional.  He has that Callahan err about him and thinks that we can't see what happens on the field!   No its not personal anymore.  He has proven his lack of ability to coach time and time again this season.  He was hired to do a job here, but put alot of faith in his assistant coaches to do right.  His assistant coaches are maybe the worst staff in the B1G conference.  Every move that has been made in the year, was to keep going one more year.  It all blew up.  I am not sure that Banker was a better D coordinator.  Everything was a farce.

• Plus1 1

We are pretty sure that Coach Riley is gone.  But I saw a team yesterday that did not quit.  Some would say it was just Northwestern, but in the prior weeks they have beaten both Iowa and Michigan State, who in turn yesterday beat Penn State and Ohio State.  I think a lot of teams we play are better than we give them credit for.  

Just hope who ever ends up with this job has the ability to make the fan base happy.  Not by just saying yes, but on the field results.  

Edited by skersfan
2 hours ago, skersfan said:

We are pretty sure that Coach Riley is gone.  But I saw a team yesterday that did not quit.  Some would say it was just Northwestern, but in the prior weeks they have beaten both Iowa and Michigan State, who in turn yesterday beat Penn State and Ohio State.  I think a lot of teams we play are better than we give them credit for.  

Just hope who ever ends up with this job has the ability to make the fan base happy.  Not by just saying yes, but on the field results.  

I'm sure it's a mixed bag, but I saw a team that acted dead during the prayer before the tunnel walk. First time I ever saw anything like it was a couple weeks earlier before the Ohio State game, that was the deadest tunnel walk I've ever seen. 

But I agree with the original poster, no reason to be brutal to anyone. Perhaps everything those kids are going through is why some of them look like they are just going through the motions.