Mario Goodrich Comments???

This is from the huskers online board.  Apparently these were comments to rivals about his visit.  Interesting.  

From the article on the front page of huskers online about 4* recruit Mario Goodrich on what he learned while on his official visit this weekend. 

"I mean, I learned that Coach (Mike) Riley is not going to get fired, basically, and that's always good," Goodrich stated as to what new he learned while on his visit, and he added, "Coach Donte (Williams) for sure is going to be there."

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

I mean, I learned that Coach (Mike) Riley is not going to get fired, basically, and that's always good," Goodrich stated as to what new he learned while on his visit, and he added, "Coach Donte (Williams) for sure is going to be there."

“Not going to get fired, basically” = He is going to step down.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Not what I wanted to read to start my day.

If there is no coaching changes and Frost takes the Florida job or other P5 job then this program deserves to be only relevant in 1990s YouTube football clips.

Sellout streak would end. 

• Plus1 8

Let's add A and B together so we can C. 

A: He said in the preser today that he has had some talks with our new AD and some of those topics will stay between those two. 

B: Recruit says coach isn't getting fired. 

C: Riley has talked with the new AD about stepping down at season end. 

:thumbs

• Plus1 2

If Riley remains, without wholesale changes on both sides of the ball, NU football is doomed. I still find it hard to believe Moos would retain the most incompetent coach in NU history.  I'm sure he is a great person, very nice and represents NU well, but he's not a winner nor a good coach.....

Didnt mention Diaco staying....have seen nothing from Williams to make me thing he is doing a great job developing guys......

Glad he has committed. Welcome to the Huskers, but I'd love to see some 4* OL, DL and LB in this class.  Skill positions are great, but we need to be dominant in the trenches...

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 4

If this is true, I still dont think it is because Riley will not tell recruits hes being fired or not, it will be the death of Nebraska football. There has to be some hope for the future. With this staff there is no hope. Apathy is not just starting to creep in, it is here with a lot of people. Just look at this board after a loss. I used to be kicked off the board when we would lose due to so many people being on at once.  That doesnt happen anymore. I also think it would tell us that Moos was unable to get a head coach that is worth a damn to come here. Thats would be even worse. 

Edited by Rike Miley