DE/OG Jared Crick

After that we have Turner to step right up...and not much else proven behind him..

Zac Potter. Kid has a great frame and is already huge. plus he has blocked a FG or two and was part of the rebirth of Special Teams in 2005. turner and potter are the future.

Yeah he's there of course...but we haven't seen much what he can do coming off the end like Turner.

After that we have Turner to step right up...and not much else proven behind him..

Zac Potter. Kid has a great frame and is already huge. plus he has blocked a FG or two and was part of the rebirth of Special Teams in 2005. turner and potter are the future.

Yeah he's there of course...but we haven't seen much what he can do coming off the end like Turner.

trust, Potter was only the 6th best strongside DE in the nation according to rivals. take that for what its worth, but the dude will be good. after carriker graduates, potter will step up.

trust, Potter was only the 6th best strongside DE in the nation according to rivals. take that for what its worth, but the dude will be good. after carriker graduates, potter will step up.

Potter looked pretty good during the spring game at DE. I think he'll be a beast in 07.

I talked to a friend who knows Jared and he says grades may be a real issue.

he has taken the act a couple times and is yet to score high enough

he is just starting his senior year, so he will have time to get the grades and test scores up.

lets hope so. this guy, plus the others that have been recruited by Callahan and company, are setting the bar for the future in-state HUSKERS. the younger kids have to see what these guys are doing, how hard they are working, to get an offer from NEBRASKA.

• 7 months later...

All-Star game provides Cozad's NU recruit with confidence

BY STU POSPISIL

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

COZAD, Neb. - Jared Crick has firsthand knowledge that he won't be overmatched going to Nebraska from a Class B school.

Cozad's first Husker scholarship recruit in 16 years played in the East Meets West All-America game last month in Orlando. He had four tackles, including two sacks, and two batted-down passes, playing at defensive end.

"It was a great experience," Crick said. "I went down kind of nervous knowing there's going to be the best in the country, and I've never gone against that kind of competition before. I had it in my mind that I was going to work my hardest every day in practice and it turned out big for me.

"I actually got to start and I had a pretty decent game."

Among his all-star game coaches was Ron Lynn, who was on Bill Callahan's staff with the NFL Oakland Raiders.

"He told me I was probably one of the hardest workers in practice and he saw big things ahead for me," Crick said. "He was in the NFL and when he points me out, I just have a great deal of self-confidence. I have lots of confidence going into Lincoln next year.

The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Crick was a two-time all-state player who was second-team All-Nebraska as a senior for the Haymakers. His team made the Class B playoff quarterfinals. He had 68 total tackles and averaged 19 yards a catch as a tight end.

Crick submitted his letter of intent paperwork to NU on Wednesday.

Cozad has its first NU player since Brendan Holbein and Chris Dishman from the Class of 1992 played on the Huskers' national championship teams of the 1990s. Crick said he hasn't met either one.

"I've been wanting to play for Nebraska ever since I can remember," he said. "Knowing that I'm going to be a Husker for sure feels great. It's been a long trip, but I'm really relieved."

Crick has become acquainted with others in the NU recruiting class. He's been on the Internet with quarterback Patrick Witt. He took his official visit with Curenski Gilleylen, played in the all-state game with Demetrius Davis and met Omaha North's Niles Paul a couple of times.

Before leaving for summer workouts, Crick will embark on NU's strength-training and nutrition recommendations. He also will be back on Cozad's track and field team, this year running the 400 meters.

"That will keep me in plenty of shape," he said.

Love headed to Pittsburg State

COZAD, Neb. - Cozad senior Eric Love, the first rusher in Nebraska with back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons in the 11-man game, will go to Division II Pittsburg State.

Rick Love, Eric's father, said the Gorillas will have only two returning scholarship running backs. Their Harlon Hill finalist, Germaine Race, completed his eligibility last fall.