So let's say Riley stays ...

NM11046

If Riley stays and Cav and DL are still here, I would be officially convinced that we're no longer trying to win. 

Play calling and OL play have done horrible things to our team this year. If it's clear to me, that's a problem. I also have serious questions about Bobby, but we also could use a true NT. 

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

I assume there would be some contingencies .... like a requirement that he hire new OC and OL coaching staff.

Who would you want?

What other changes would you anticipate Moos puts on the list?

I think Moose would require Riley to hire BIll Belichick as DC and Tony Dungy as OC.

And Mick Tingelhoff would be the new line coach.

48 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I assume there would be some contingencies .... like a requirement that he hire new OC and OL coaching staff.

Who would you want?

What other changes would you anticipate Moos puts on the list?

NM- I have to ask, what in the world have you seen from Riley that leads you to believe this is anywhere near a working deal with just some minor (or major) adjustments?

I’m sorry but I’m not going to award points for “he’s a nice guy” or “he represents the University with dignity and grace”. Just because his predecessor couldn’t do either of those things does not make it any type of qualification to coach at this level. Let’s assume those things are expected and the base from which to operate. So what does Riley bring to the table? What has he done in his three years here or in his 20+ years in cfb that makes anyone think he will ever compete for this division or this conference or ever possibly get a whiff of the playoffs or even move us in that direction?

He’s had full autonomy to implement what he wants and things are getting worse not better. Why should Moos keep him if he has to place contingencies and issue ultimatums and do his job for him? Really, IMO it’s absolutely delusional to even consider.