Les Miles is interested in Oregon State

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Wondering why a thread about a former LSU coach going to Oregon St is in the NEBRASKA FOOTBALL rumors.

Assuming the question is not tongue-in-cheek, I'll connect the dots.

;)

His kid is on the Cornhuskers roster.
Nebraska is expected to be in the market for a Head Coach.
He is a hire who would fill many with hope for the program.

His saying that he is interested in the Oregon State job is a KIND way of saying he is open to offers from any school (like Nebraska, who has not yet fired their current head coach).

Edited by cheekygeek

here's the thing about Les. 

he was never able to develop a quarterback and was a good OC and QB coach away from staying dominant there... people forget that he played his ball under Bo Schembecler.. heavy running game, not much passing game, and a dominant defense.... the game has evolved and he CHOSE not to evolve with it... thus his current situation.. 

7 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

he was never able to develop a quarterback and was a good OC and QB coach away from staying dominant there... people forget that he played his ball under Bo Schembecler.. heavy running game, not much passing game, and a dominant defense.... the game has evolved and he CHOSE not to evolve with it... thus his current situation.. 

I've seen this somewhere else........

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

I've seen it in games that he's coached... other than jemarcus Russell, he's never had anything close to a developed quarterback... and most that Russell did was pure talent because he was very lazy. 

Sorry.  I totally agree with you on Miles.  He was a complete failure at coming up with a competent offense.

I was referring to what Nebraska is trying to do on offense.

On November 10, 2017 at 6:38 PM, MyakkaGator said:

Alabama seems to do fine with ground and pound and great D. They don't change what they do bc of what is going on around them. They punch you in the mouth.