Les Miles is interested in Oregon State

On 11/7/2017 at 3:15 PM, jessica0 said:

A source has confirmed that Les Miles is intetested in the Oregon State football coach position #gtsports #gobeavs

Than goodness. I didn't want him at Nebraska. 

I hope Moos finds us a good coach. Being in a rush won’t fix things immediately. How many seasons will we give our next coach to fix Big Red? Realistically? We are a mediocre Big 10 team. We get de-pantsed by Ohio state, and then Ohio state gets throttled by Iowa. Now Iowa will roll into Lincoln. Could be a really Black Friday. It was never this way in the Big 12. Which is good because we surely couldn’t even beat Iowa State this year.

38 minutes ago, Woody Tressel said:

Not necessarily.  The Iowa spanking of Ohio State was a fluke and anomaly.  I doubt Iowa will do that to you.  They turned around and got throttle by Wisky. 

Agreed, they've been terrible on the road outside of the Iowa State game, which still went into OT, and have lost all their away games. We're horrible, but it just depends on which Iowa team shows up. I mean 60 some yards of total offense is pretty bad even IF Wisconsin has a pretty decent defense. 

It'll be interesting to see this Les Miles thing play out, but I doubt he's seriously interested in Oregon State. 

2 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I doubt he's seriously interested in Oregon State.

Yeah, I am still thinking that Les is really interested in the Nebraska.  I am still thinking Frost is not coming to Lincoln.  I would love to see this happen for Nebraska fans, but Les is a great recruiter and knows the midwest if Frost does not happen. Nebraska would be very competitive again under Les and he is a pretty high profile name.

Edited by Woody Tressel
  • Plus1 1