Chip Kelly to UCLA

Chadhusker

I am stunned that people would turn this away:

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Oregon Ducks (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
2009 Oregon 10–3 8–1 1st L Rose 11 11
2010 Oregon 12–1 9–0 1st L BCS NCG 3 3
2011 Oregon 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 4 4
2012 Oregon 12–1 8–1 T–1st (North) W Fiesta 2 2
Oregon: 46–7 33–3  
Total: 46–7  
      National championship         Conference title         Conference division title
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

I am stunned that people would turn this away:

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Oregon Ducks (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
2009 Oregon 10–3 8–1 1st L Rose 11 11
2010 Oregon 12–1 9–0 1st L BCS NCG 3 3
2011 Oregon 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 4 4
2012 Oregon 12–1 8–1 T–1st (North) W Fiesta 2 2
Oregon: 46–7 33–3  
Total: 46–7  
      National championship         Conference title         Conference division title

It's impressive, but Oregon didn't have to deal with an Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin. The Pac-12 was a weak conference in Kelly's days.

OK, who is the one Pac12 team that we compare ourselves and other B1G teams to?  Stanford.  Stanford is who beat Oregon.  So tell me again how that system works when you play a "Stanford" almost each and every week in the B1G?

Just because Frost runs that system at UCF, does not mean he will totally go that way if he comes here.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

It's impressive, but Oregon didn't have to deal with an Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin. The Pac-12 was a weak conference in Kelly's days.

Most of those teams are in the East...so at NU he would not have to face them all that often either...So really it could be a lot of 10 and 11 win seasons.

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

OK, who is the one Pac12 team that we compare ourselves and other B1G teams to?  Stanford.  Stanford is who beat Oregon.  So tell me again how that system works when you play a "Stanford" almost each and every week in the B1G?

Just because Frost runs that system at UCF, does not mean he will totally go that way if he comes here.

I am sure he runs it in a form or some way or another. It's been what he has coached with for the last 8 years of his coaching career.

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

The guy had 2 winning and 2 losing seasons in the NFL. There isn't a better football coach on the market that you could bring to Nebraska. Nobody. Not even Scott Frost. 

eam Year Regular season Post season
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
PHI 2013 10 6 0 .625 1st in NFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to New Orleans Saints in NFC Wild Card Game
PHI 2014 10 6 0 .625 2nd in NFC East
PHI 2015 6 9 0 .462 (Fired)
PHI Total 26 21 0 .553   0 1 .000  
SF 2016 2 14 0 .133 4th in NFC West
SF Total 2 14 0 .125   0 0 .000  
Total 28 35 0 .452   0 1 .000

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Most of those teams are in the East...so at NU he would not have to face them all that often either...So really it could be a lot of 10 and 11 win seasons.

For now, those teams are in the East.  Don't be surprised if this conference gets realigned.  Especially if Wisky gets left out of the Playoff.

I could see Penn St getting shipped to the west for Purdue, Minny or Illinois.

Michigan, Michigan St and Ohio St won't get separated, so it will be Penn St that goes West.

• Mavric changed the title to Chip Kelly to UCLA