Chip Kelly to UCLA

Chadhusker

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

This is so interesting to me because UF was all in on Frost at the beginning (assuming that's what was going on).  What does UF know that we dont?

It's either he's staying at UCF or coming to Nebraska. There is ZERO way they could go toe-to-toe with us for him and they know it. 

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

It's either he's staying at UCF or coming to Nebraska. There is ZERO way they could go toe-to-toe with us for him and they know it. 

Which really makes me think that there is no way (fingers crossed) that he would turn down his beloved Huskers for the mighty Golden Knights program.  Right?  Or do people think he would turn us down for UCF?  The stars align like this only once or twice.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Which really makes me think that there is no way (fingers crossed) that he would turn down his beloved Huskers for the mighty Golden Knights program.  Right?  Or do people think he would turn us down for UCF?  The stars align like this only once or twice.

I personally don't think he'll turn us down, but that's based on nothing other than my gut feeling. He was born and raised in Nebraska, won a national championship with us and adores T.O. His staff is partially made up of former Huskers. How the hell would he NOT come here unless we screwed up the offer?! Especially with the leadership that's now in place and the funds coming in. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think they hired Kelly because he is Chip Kelly.  

This.

A lot of us would prefer Frost.  To the general college football population, Kelly HAS to be considered a better hire (at this point).  

I'm not jealous of them because I'll gladly take my chances with Frost.  But for them it's not even a consideration to hire Frost if/since they could get Kelly.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Mavric said:

This.

A lot of us would prefer Frost.  To the general college football population, Kelly HAS to be considered a better hire (at this point).  

I'm not jealous of them because I'll gladly take my chances with Frost.  But for them it's not even a consideration to hire Frost if/since they could get Kelly.

100% correct.  When Kelly left Oregon, he was a top 5 coach in college football.  Florida has to be ecstatic to be getting him, and Kelly has to be thrilled with getting a job like Florida.

• Mavric changed the title to Chip Kelly to UCLA