Chip Kelly to UCLA

Chadhusker

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Kelly is due a bonus from the 49ers as long as he doesn't sign a contract prior to the end of this regular season.

So he was probably never going to sign anything until Sunday.

If it's the 49ers, wouldn't the end of the regular season be the end of the NFL regular season in January?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If it's the 49ers, wouldn't the end of the regular season be the end of the NFL regular season in January?

I kind of thought the same thing.  But the report was the end of the college regular season.

I would guess when he left the 49ers they figured there was a good chance he'd look to go back to a college team so it could have been written that way.  Probably not much chance of signing with a new NFL team between now and the end of the NFL regular season anyway.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I dunno...considering they've already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for weeks now, isn't this just one long bowl game for San Francisco?

• Mavric changed the title to Chip Kelly to UCLA