Diaco sounding off against Rugby Tackling

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

But our defense was much better last year.....

I think it's less of a commentary on the current state of our Defense/Team and more on how out of whack the management was from the top.  If true, an AD that micromanages so much as to dictate what style of tackling our coaches implement is insane. 

1 minute ago, epocSoN said:

I think it's less of a commentary on the current state of our Defense/Team and more on how out of whack the management was from the top.  If true, an AD that micromanages so much as to dictate what style of tackling our coaches implement is insane. 

SE is an a-hole and that isn't news.  Bo was right about it and Bo is an a-hole too.  We all knew SE was a joke just like we all knew Riley was a joke.  None of this is news.  

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

Correct, already agreed he shouldn't have talked about this with the media.

Do you think that gives people the right to trash/attack the guy?

I have seen nothing that is attacking him personally or his family.  We are attacking his coaching abilities and the fact that his defense is terrible.  Hes at a big time college program making close to a million dollars.  If hes not producing results, he deserves the backlash.

Just now, teachercd said:

SE is an a-hole and that isn't news.  Bo was right about it and Bo is an a-hole too.  We all knew SE was a joke just like we all knew Riley was a joke.  None of this is news.  

I disagree.  we may new the SE wasn't fostering a good environment for coaches to be their best, but I doubt anybody outside of North Stadium knew that it was to this extent.  Getting these details for me as a fan helps me understand why things have been so toxic since SE came in.  It's one thing to get the vibe that things just aren't working but when you hear that they spent 100k to bring in people to teach our coaches how to implement a defensive philosophy that they don't agree with is mind bogglingly reckless as an athletic director.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Yea beat me too it. Banker said it was his and Rileys decision to adopt rugby tackling.

The way this season is going the team should should just stop doing interviews with the exception of HCMR. 

We need to stop the bleeding, this whole sad series of events is just making it bleed faster to the howling delight of our blood thirsty media.

Sharp had a great comment this morning regarding all this news coming out.  Bill Moos has to LOVE THIS!!!  Moos is getting so much information on the circus going on with the Athletic Department and the football team.  This should make it easier to get rid of Riley, most of his staff, and move on.  There is a complete lack of leadership being shown all around.  It was at the AD level under Eichorst, and Riley didn't show leadership and accountability by pushing back on Eichorst/Devaney at all.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
2 minutes ago, epocSoN said:

I disagree.  we may new the SE wasn't fostering a good environment for coaches to be their best, but I doubt anybody outside of North Stadium knew that it was to this extent.  Getting these details for me as a fan helps me understand why things have been so toxic since SE came in.  It's one thing to get the vibe that things just aren't working but when you hear that they spent 100k to bring in people to teach our coaches how to implement a defensive philosophy that they don't agree with is mind bogglingly reckless as an athletic director.

Oh I totally agree with what you are saying.  I just mean that we all know what we knew.  Just like you said, not the extent of what a dork he was.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sharp had a great comment this morning regarding all this news coming out.  Bill Moos has to LOVE THIS!!!  Moos is getting so much information on the circus going on with the Athletic Department and the football team.  This should make it easier to get rid of Riley, most of his staff, and move on.  There is a complete lack of leadership being shown all around.  It was at the AD level under Eichorst, and Riley didn't show leadership and accountability by pushing back on Eichorst/Devaney at all.

Why get rid of most of his staff? Get rid of all of them. The new coach decides who his assistants and support staff are. I guess if the new coach decides he wants to retain some people, that's okay, but based on the performance of this staff, I would personally send them all packing. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Igetbored216 said:

Why get rid of most of his staff? Get rid of all of them. The new coach decides who his assistants and support staff are. I guess if the new coach decides he wants to retain some people, that's okay, but based on the performance of this staff, I would personally send them all packing. 

I agree 100%  I think I just used "most" so people wouldn't come back at me saying "this coach" or "that coach" should be retained.  I would have no problem if everyone was given a pink slip.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree 100%  I think I just used "most" so people wouldn't come back at me saying "this coach" or "that coach" should be retained.  I would have no problem if everyone was given a pink slip.

Got it. I wasn't sure why you said "most", but this program isn't working, and much of that is because of the current coaches and staff.   

I think TO made a mistake when he made Bo retain Watson and company. The AD should hire someone he trusts to do the job. Part of that job is picking the right assistants and coordinators. 

• Plus1 5
Just now, Igetbored216 said:

Got it. I wasn't sure why you said "most", but this program isn't working, and much of that is because of the current coaches and staff.   

I think TO made a mistake when he made Bo retain Watson and company. The AD should hire someone he trusts to do the job. Part of that job is picking the right assistants and coordinators. 

+1,000,000