Diaco sounding off against Rugby Tackling

29 minutes ago, Igetbored216 said:

Why get rid of most of his staff? Get rid of all of them. The new coach decides who his assistants and support staff are. I guess if the new coach decides he wants to retain some people, that's okay, but based on the performance of this staff, I would personally send them all packing. 

If it's true that Parella and D. Williams want the D to play more aggressively and it's Diaco that's holding them back, I'd say there's at least some case to be made for keeping them around.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

If it's true that Parella and D. Williams want the D to play more aggressively and it's Diaco that's holding them back, I'd say there's at least some case to be made for keeping them around.

and that will be for the next head coach to evaluate and determine.

I could care less about the he said/he said going on here, but the below quote from Banker drove me insane.  Why weren't they doing their normal tackle drills in bowl prep?  What else weren't they doing in bowl prep that they normally did?

The only time Nebraska didn’t use the tackling drills in practices? Before the Music City Bowl.

“And it showed,” Banker said.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, zoogs said:

Are you familiar with rugby?

Had several classes with a guy on the club rugby team at UNL back in the day.  He was .... not a small individual.

From time to time he wore a shirt that said "Sure scrum is a funny name ..... but assault and battery was already taken."   

Always made me laugh.

• Plus1 5
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Had several classes with a guy on the club rugby team at UNL back in the day.  He was .... not a small individual.

From time to time he wore a shirt that said "Sure scrum is a funny name ..... but assault and battery was already taken."   

Always made me laugh.

Those rugby guys know how to drink some beer, too.

• Plus1 2

The bold cracked me up :D  Bob is such a silly guy.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/diaco-says-huskers-need-time-to-fix-past-tackling-woes/article_632647a3-a752-5315-b6aa-34848cdfcd47.html

"We see moments of greatness. And we've seen moments of poor play. Even with that, you go in and you're thinking, OK, you want the game to end and just try to figure out a way defensively that (the opponent) can have one less point than we have.

"And that's been very, very hard to do."

20 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

So our current DC is taking shots at our old DC. And our old DC is firing back at our current DC. This is a freaking mess that needs to end. I have no idea why media members are getting Banker involved but its not helping the situation at all. 

OWH

Edited by GBRFAN
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

The bold cracked me up :D  Bob is such a silly guy.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/diaco-says-huskers-need-time-to-fix-past-tackling-woes/article_632647a3-a752-5315-b6aa-34848cdfcd47.html

"We see moments of greatness. And we've seen moments of poor play. Even with that, you go in and you're thinking, OK, you want the game to end and just try to figure out a way defensively that (the opponent) can have one less point than we have.

"And that's been very, very hard to do."

OMG, Diaco is a nutcase...........he really loves to talk a defense rather than put one on the field! ..............years??

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sharp had a great comment this morning regarding all this news coming out.  Bill Moos has to LOVE THIS!!!  Moos is getting so much information on the circus going on with the Athletic Department and the football team.  This should make it easier to get rid of Riley, most of his staff, and move on.  There is a complete lack of leadership being shown all around.  It was at the AD level under Eichorst, and Riley didn't show leadership and accountability by pushing back on Eichorst/Devaney at all.

I agree 100 percent. However I don't think Moos is loving any of this.

If anything I bet it irritated him. Moos doesn't strike me as the kind of man who accepts excuses. From what I read and hear I think he expects discipline and professionalism from his coaches at all times. Diaco failed on both counts. 

6 hours ago, Igetbored216 said:

Got it. I wasn't sure why you said "most", but this program isn't working, and much of that is because of the current coaches and staff.   

I think TO made a mistake when he made Bo retain Watson and company. The AD should hire someone he trusts to do the job. Part of that job is picking the right assistants and coordinators. 

I love Osborne, but he’s made a lot of mistakes that have contributed to the struggles of the football program since he retired.

• Plus1 1