A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

I fail to see how all this with Diaco forces Moos's hand to fire Riley early.  Who do you think is going to take over as interim head coach if Riley was fired?  Do you think he's going to fire both Riley and Diaco before the season is over?  Not!!!  Do you think he's going to fire Diaco and keep Riley??  Not!!!

We will muddle through the rest of the season and Thanksgiving weekend, we will see action.

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see how all this with Diaco forces Moos's hand to fire Riley early.  Who do you think is going to take over as interim head coach if Riley was fired?  Do you think he's going to fire both Riley and Diaco before the season is over?  Not!!!  Do you think he's going to fire Diaco and keep Riley??  Not!!!

We will muddle through the rest of the season and Thanksgiving weekend, we will see action.

Yep...the timeline won't change and it really doesn't need to change.

People are being contacted behind the scenes, it is normal, it is how things are done.

Edited by teachercd
  • Plus1 2
14 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Jesus-  What the hell is wrong with Diaco?

In all fairness, what Diaco said on its own wasn't bad. It was the follow-up question from the media that transformed it into a pointed barb thrown Banker's way. 

Granted, Diaco could have risen above the question, but I think he felt he was defending those kids. And honestly, don't we want coaches that give a s*** about the kids playing for our school? Hell, don't we want someone that isn't named Moos giving a s*** about the state of the program right now?

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remember--as soon as Riley is fired, the narrative changes from "will Riley be fired" to "who will replace Riley". The former narrative is an effective smokescreen for Moos to work with while he does a search behind the scene. The later narrative will expose what Moos is doing for everyone to see and tips our hand to schools we're competing against for new coaches. 

Riley needs to stay on through Black Friday, and maybe even through the bowl game (should we make one). The longer Riley coaches, the easier it is for Moos to do his job unfettered.

Personally, I'm willing to sacrifice the last few weeks of this season for a potentially excellent long-term hire. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 7

The Rugby bumpdowning is done for the head injury threat to end the game of football as we know it, like it or not. Coach Dickoh said what he though, and in this case I have to agree. Obviously it is not working out. I will bet a weeks paycheck that the rumor about Riley not liking Langsdork is wrong. Riley, like about 80% of the coaches hired to win in D1 fail, some worse than Riley. Watching the guy, "Riley" in a press conference, I honestly just want to go up and give the guy a hug, and I am not a hugging guy. He has done what he thought he needed to to win, and it did not work, simple as that.

• Plus1 4

Sure, as it stands now, a change will not be made, but I presented the idea that if this gets worse, then something could happen. If Nebraska loses on Saturday, what else might be said by a coach? I am just throwing out scenarios because each day is filled with something new, and Iowa feels like an eternity way. 

21 hours ago, lo country said:

Diaco doesn't like Banker

Donte won't go anywhere near Diaco

Riley doesn't like Langs

Langs blames Cav

Riley blames Langs and Cav

Thats about all the rumors I know of related to the staff..

Where is your list of coaches again?

And could you add Bohl and Mullen?

31 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

if nebraska had a competent offensive or defensive coordinator then you could fire Riley but Nebraska has Langs and Diaco so unfortunately we are stuck with Riley.

I never thought I'd look on Beck and Paps as a collective brain trust....And I thought they were horrific......But Langs and Diaco are at a whole other level of incompetence IMHO.

• Plus1 1