A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

2 hours ago, FlipPhone said:

I would like to think he's a man of his word.  If he claims he'd never fire anyone midseason (behavior issues not withstanding), and then turned around and did such a thing, how would anyone ever trust anything he said past that point?

He should have kept his mouth shut then and never said anything about it.  Frankly I don't care about trusting him past the hiring of a new coach.  His primary job is that.  If he fails at that then frankly I don't care if he is a 'man of his word'.  Bizness is bizness and you gotta do what you gotta do.  If you gotta fire Riley before seasons end to get Frost then do it.  If not, then great.  However I'd rather have Frost than help Moos keep his nebulous feel good 'man of his word' BS. 

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

You made a list of about eight coaches in another thread. 

Maybe we should talk about them, plus Mullen and Bohl, because this staff looks like it’ll be here for about three more weeks..... just in case Frost goes south.

Frost-UCF HC

Dan Campbell- ISU HC

Jason Candle-Toledo HC

Brent Venables-Clemosn DC

Joe Moorhead-PSU OC

Troy Calhoun-HC USAF

Ken Niummatalolo-HC Navy

Chad Morris-HC SMU

Bob Stoops-

I'd honest;y have no issue with Bohl. He appears to have had great success being the CEO as opposed to just the DC...

Mullen had done a decent job at Miss St.  not a great record against ranked opponents, but neither have we.  He is also going against the likes of Bama, Auburn, UGA etc....

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, FlipPhone said:

I would like to think he's a man of his word.  If he claims he'd never fire anyone midseason (behavior issues not withstanding), and then turned around and did such a thing, how would anyone ever trust anything he said past that point?

Because no one really cares about that.

If he could can Riley right now and bring in Zombie Parcells we would all be happy.

• Plus1 1

On 11/7/2017 at 11:15 PM, alwayshusking said:

Decision is likely already made, don't think there will be an announcement until after the Iowa game.

I think you are right. My gut says they have been working a replacement for a while and they will let the season play out. I don’t believe Florida has benifitted from the early firing. If anything, I think it hurt them.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Frost-UCF HC

Dan Campbell- ISU HC

Jason Candle-Toledo HC

Joe Moorhead-PSU OC

Troy Calhoun-HC USAF

Ken Niummatalolo-HC Navy

Chad Morris-HC SMU

Bob Stoops-

I'd honest;y have no issue with Bohl. He appears to have had great success being the CEO as opposed to just the DC...

Mullen had done a decent job at Miss St.  not a great record against ranked opponents, but neither have we.  He is also going against the likes of Bama, Auburn, UGA etc....

Jeff Monken from Army as well, if you're going the service academy route.

Edited by fwhuskerfan
13 hours ago, lo country said:

Frost-UCF HC

Dan Campbell- ISU HC

Jason Candle-Toledo HC

Joe Moorhead-PSU OC

Troy Calhoun-HC USAF

Ken Niummatalolo-HC Navy

Chad Morris-HC SMU

Bob Stoops-

Campbell says that since you got his first name wrong, you can take him off your list and add Mack Brown and Barry Switzer.

• Plus1 1

I started this thread on the basis that Moos would have to make a decision if the nonsense continued/got worse. I understand what he said initially about in season firings and all that. The title itself alludes to that understanding. I felt that the situation at Nebraska was about to get ugly once the Diaco, Banker, "he say, she say" fiasco started. It very well could get worse if Nebraska loses to Minnesota. So while we would all like to see Moos display his unwavering integrity, he might be forced to end this sooner than he wanted to because of the dramatic nature of our program as it currently sits. Odds are, he will wait until after Iowa but you never know I guess. 

A decision will likely be made sooner rather than later, and probably has already been made.  Announcing that decision won't happen any sooner than we thought. If the coaches in place start to get into a pissing match, it will only hurt their future employment opportunities, and make their release all the more logical in the public's eyes.  IMO.

9 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I started this thread on the basis that Moos would have to make a decision if the nonsense continued/got worse. I understand what he said initially about in season firings and all that. The title itself alludes to that understanding. I felt that the situation at Nebraska was about to get ugly once the Diaco, Banker, "he say, she say" fiasco started. It very well could get worse if Nebraska loses to Minnesota. So while we would all like to see Moos display his unwavering integrity, he might be forced to end this sooner than he wanted to because of the dramatic nature of our program as it currently sits. Odds are, he will wait until after Iowa but you never know I guess. 

Saw where Riley just came out and said the staff wasn't instructed to change style of tackling....I think it's stuff like this that is starting to show the dumpster fire this season/staff is becoming.  The whole blame game/Everyman for himself stuff...

https://hailvarsity.com/s/2672/riley-on-tackling-mandate-it-didnt-happen-like-that