UF alumnus interested in your coaching search

3 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

I meant at Colorado State and Alabama he had success. He brought some momentum with him when he went to Florida. Although there would be a lot of happiness around here if we had back to back division titles. Mike Riley came off a 5-7 record at OSU before coming here. Everyone had to google the guy when it was announced. Not a good way to start.

I can completely understand that... I would be irate as you guys probably were when that whole situation came about. 

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

In all honesty if Florida can hire Scott Frost, I will be more disappointed if Troy Walters goes with him.  That's the coach Nebraska needs more than anything.

he is a phenomenal coach and it's just a matter of time before he has his own gig. 

29 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

@tyrone_biggums at this point, I think UCF is hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

the greatest thing that Frost has done for UCF is that he is going to leave the program in better shape than when he arrived.. he's proved that the program can be successful. 

Because of this, UCF will be able to hire a higher caliber coach than what they are historically accustomed to. 

UCF has had plenty of success before though. They had one really bad season, they have won a BCS  bowl in this decade

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

UCF has had plenty of success before though. They had one really bad season, they have won a BCS  bowl in this decade

they haven't done it consistently though.. consistency is what they're looking for.. 

food for thought:

imagine what frost's offense would look like if bortles was running his offense while he was @ ucf?  would be absolutely sick

• Plus1 1

First off, welcome to Huskerboard, we appreciate you signing up and coming to discuss this situation and give us your perspective on the coaching search. Obviously you guys are in full on coaching search mode and we're in a weird spot where we're looking for a coach while we still have one at the helm. 

My thoughts are if Florida can lock Frost up sooner rather than later that's obviously a good thing for you folks. Once our job opens, because it will, if Florida or someone else doesn't have him locked into a contract I don't see how he doesn't end up here if he wants the job. Now he could say no, I'm not interested, and take a job someplace else, but from everything I've read he secretly has told some folks that Nebraska is his dream job. I can only speculate that he's been contacted behind closed doors and asked if he wants the job. He's a native Nebraskan, an alumni, a National Championship winning QB and is very close with Tom Osborne. I don't see how he says no if he's offered. 

My guess is he's waiting to figure out what he's going to do because the season isn't complete yet and he wants to see what Nebraska is going to do. We can all promise you this, if this A.D. screws this up he'll be gone so fast it'll make his head spin. If this ends up being another Mike Riley hire Lincoln might implode............

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

they haven't done it consistently though.. consistency is what they're looking for.. 

food for thought:

imagine what frost's offense would look like if bortles was running his offense while he was @ ucf?  would be absolutely sick

I think they have been very consistent for a mid-major program.  Not going to always be a 10 win season.  There is going to be a losing one in there from time to time.  When O'Leary came in, that is where things were decent.  (0-12 season notwithstanding)

8 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

food for thought:

Definitely Bortles would have done very very well. Mobile and a cannon arm. Give him easy reads and let the arm talent do the rest. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

UCF, along with USF, wants to be mentioned in the same conversation as the big 3 in Florida.... with ours as well as fsu's down season, they may well have accomplished just that.. 

the UCF/USF game is going to be a great game to watch.. 

IMO, until UCF and USF join a real conference, they will always be 2nd fiddle to the big 3 in that state.   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

First off, welcome to Huskerboard, we appreciate you signing up and coming to discuss this situation and give us your perspective on the coaching search. Obviously you guys are in full on coaching search mode and we're in a weird spot where we're looking for a coach while we still have one at the helm. 

My thoughts are if Florida can lock Frost up sooner rather than later that's obviously a good thing for you folks. Once our job opens, because it will, if Florida or someone else doesn't have him locked into a contract I don't see how he doesn't end up here if he wants the job. Now he could say no, I'm not interested, and take a job someplace else, but from everything I've read he secretly has told some folks that Nebraska is his dream job. I can only speculate that he's been contacted behind closed doors and asked if he wants the job. He's a native Nebraskan, an alumni, a National Championship winning QB and is very close with Tom Osborne. I don't see how he says no if he's offered. 

My guess is he's waiting to figure out what he's going to do because the season isn't complete yet and he wants to see what Nebraska is going to do. We can all promise you this, if this A.D. screws this up he'll be gone so fast it'll make his head spin. If this ends up being another Mike Riley hire Lincoln might implode............

thank you for the perspective and for the welcome... everyone here has been a class act and I'm enjoying the conversation!!  @BIGREDIOWAN, I agree with every point you made... I still believe it's a toss up, and in reality, only Scott knows where he's going to end up. home is the tie that binds, that's for sure.  the great thing he has going is that he's going to have his pick of schools and therefore not limited as far as choices go. 

1 hour ago, MyakkaGator said:

UCF, along with USF, wants to be mentioned in the same conversation as the big 3 in Florida.... with ours as well as fsu's down season, they may well have accomplished just that.. 

the UCF/USF game is going to be a great game to watch.. 

Should be a really good game, I think USF takes it.