UF alumnus interested in your coaching search

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

First off, welcome to Huskerboard. We have fans of plenty other programs that have stuck around after whatever initially brought them here was long over with. You're are welcomed to do the same.

Now, I visited 'Gator Country' and read through some of the posts there. There are a TON of Gator fans almost completely disregarding the fact that he's from Nebraska. I've met a lot of different people from a lot of different places, and I don't know that anybody takes more pride in where they're from than Nebraskans. I would assume that Frost is no different in that regard. Now, that doesn't mean he'll come here. Maybe he thinks it could hurt his career in the long run. Maybe his wife has zero interest in Nebraska winters. But don't disregard that "native pull". I promise you Scott is feeling it.

This, my dad is born and raised Nebraska and although I wasn't born there, I sometimes tell people I am from Nebraska, especially when they see I am a Nebraska fan and ask if I am from there.

5 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

First off, welcome to Huskerboard, we appreciate you signing up and coming to discuss this situation and give us your perspective on the coaching search. Obviously you guys are in full on coaching search mode and we're in a weird spot where we're looking for a coach while we still have one at the helm. 

My thoughts are if Florida can lock Frost up sooner rather than later that's obviously a good thing for you folks. Once our job opens, because it will, if Florida or someone else doesn't have him locked into a contract I don't see how he doesn't end up here if he wants the job. Now he could say no, I'm not interested, and take a job someplace else, but from everything I've read he secretly has told some folks that Nebraska is his dream job. I can only speculate that he's been contacted behind closed doors and asked if he wants the job. He's a native Nebraskan, an alumni, a National Championship winning QB and is very close with Tom Osborne. I don't see how he says no if he's offered. 

My guess is he's waiting to figure out what he's going to do because the season isn't complete yet and he wants to see what Nebraska is going to do. We can all promise you this, if this A.D. screws this up he'll be gone so fast it'll make his head spin. If this ends up being another Mike Riley hire Lincoln might implode............

Lincoln WILL implode with another Riley hire!

11 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

This, my dad is born and raised Nebraska and although I wasn't born there, I sometimes tell people I am from Nebraska, especially when they see I am a Nebraska fan and ask if I am from there.

I was born in Lincoln, but through elementary I lived in Missouri.... that was back in the in 70's very early 80's. MU was a good team back then and constantly played NU very hard.

Anyway, it wasn't easy early on, until we got to know everyone.

I was the only kid making sure I had a way to listen to the game every Saturday.