***Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

I think we see a lot of Cover 1 man. Well, that's what a competent DC would do after seeing the first half. They can't separate, their QB is very inaccurate. You can bring that extra man down practically risk free.

With the safeties afraid to fill the gaps, I'm not sure that helps NU. Sadly. 

1 minute ago, tfree32 said:

Moos ahould announce today that Riley & Co. are gone at the end of the season. Let them coach it out, but make clear this isn’t acceptable. Watching this and them pretending there is still a decision to be made is harmful and demoralizing. 

I don't think it will work if we want to try and push Riley into retirement and save face for ourselves.  If we wanted to save some money by having him retire, we dont want our admins saying anything bad about him and just letting him get his golden parachute.  I think Moos rides out this garbage until Iowa and then let's him know he retires or get fired, his choice.

Just now, RedSavage said:

Doesn’t seem like it can get any worse but what happens if we fire Riley and Diaco/Lang’s becomes interim HC and it actually does get worse?  I think we might just have to ride this one out.  Two more weeks.  

Our season is done, so it really doesn't matter either way.  It will show the true character of the players on the field and the coaches taking over though. 

4 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Moos has to make a move today.  He has no choice. 

Moos has already said that he will not fire coaches during the season. He genuinley seems like a man of his word.

Best we can hope for is that he has a discussion with Riley after this game, and Riley does the right thing and announces his retirement.

Outside of that, just be patient. It's only 2 more weeks and then the rebuild can begin.

Edited by The Duke