A new low?

Saunders

..this team is the result and reflecton of the climate that permeates from the head coach, these players and coach’s have to operate in it..it’s a soft, lax, and flat out lazy approach to football. This is a detailed oriented sport and the best position and head coaches have one thing in Common..they will not let players off the hook until a attainable level of perfection/execution is displayed..

mike Reillys whole ideology and approach to the game  is so dysfunctional....they dont practice the way they should...and they play what they practice...I personally think the offensive and/ defense should come off field in practice until the players run the play perfectly..I so sick of the 400 play playbook but the unto as a whole can’t execute just 1 flawlessly....I firmly believe a team that can run 15 plays to perfection, it would be far better than the circus, basketball on football field offense Mike Reilly has been indoctrinated into using his whole football life...2nd and 6 and he call up a 4 years pass..I’m so sick of this appprach and staff..

4 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

You think this is bad! What till Sequon Barkley runs 600 yards on us. I say we have still not hit rock bottom with Riley. The guy should be put in jail. He has been robbing us blind for three years now. If what he has done is not a criminal offense, I do not know what robbery is?

I guess 408 is the mark to beat.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is not the new low...the new low happened about 3 years ago

I disagree.  Every time we think Nebraska has reached that all-time "new low" we sink even further.  I mean come on, Nebraska was 4-5, so was Minnesota, and they beat Nebraska like a drum.  

I said in an earlier post that I'm expecting Nebraska to lose by a combined 80 points to Penn State and Iowa...and saying we might lose by a combined 80 might be giving the Huskers the benefit of the doubt.

If I was on the offensive staff of Penn State, my goal would be for Saquon Barkley to get 500 yards rushing.  

Edited by Making Chimichangas
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I disagree.  Every time we think Nebraska has reached that all-time "new low" we sink even further.  I mean come on, Nebraska was 4-5, so was Minnesota, and they beat Nebraska like a drum.  

I said in an earlier post that I'm expecting Nebraska to lose by a combined 80 points to Penn State and Iowa...and saying we might lose by a combined 80 might be giving the Huskers the benefit of the doubt.

There is some truth to that!

15 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well...we *were* warned by Oregon State fans that he was a career .500 coach. :dunno

In fairness, I think we all knew what we were getting.  I know I went all in on "hope" pertaining to Riley.

What I mean is, most of us didn't want to bomb the board with negativity right out of the gate.  We held onto hope that Nebraska's immense resources (especially compared to Oregon State) would help bring out Riley's "inner Saban."  Sadly, that was not the case and towards the tail end of his third season, Nebraska is paying the price.

26 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If I was on the offensive staff of Penn State, my goal would be for Saquon Barkley to get 500 yards rushing.  

There's a pretty big youtube video titled "How to lose a Heisman in 10 plays...." that features a Nebraska D...

I predict a "How to WIN a Heisman in 10 plays" vid to appear in a week that also feature a Nebraska D...

36 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I forgot Barkley was in the Heisman talk so there is motivation and I'm sure they see this as possible.  I believe we need to prepare ourselves for this.