Now is the time to announce

Husker Q

That Riley won't be retained next year and they will officially begin a search.  Have him finish the last 2 games b/c there is nobody else to take over.  Get rid of Diaco now and let Parrella finish as DC.   Maybe that will give the players an attitude to play for pride and each other.  Maybe throw an upset of the disgrace to humanity program that shouldn't even exist anymore :).  Hopefully get Scott Frost and announce him as soon as reasonable for UCF!

• Plus1 5

That would be the minimum acceptable move this week. I wouldn’t be opposed to installing Parella as interim HC and scrubbing out the rest of the staff. I don’t think Moos can afford to wait any longer no matter what he has said about mid season firings. He hasn’t ever been the AD of this complete of a dumpster fire. More harm is being done, day by day at this point.

No to all of this.

Look—I *WANT* Riley and Co. out of Memorial Stadium just as much as you, but the fact is as long is Riley is still coach, it provides an effective smokescreen for Moos to do his job with. Terminate Riley now, and we lose the advantage that smokescreen affords us. 

Yes it sucks harder than a Kansas cheerleader showing a basketball recruit around campus, but you need to think big picture here—short term suffering for long term gain and (hopefully) a good hire by Moos.

• Plus1 5

9 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

No to all of this.

Look—I *WANT* Riley and Co. out of Memorial Stadium just as much as you, but the fact is as long is Riley is still coach, it provides an effective smokescreen for Moos to do his job with. Terminate Riley now, and we lose the advantage that smokescreen affords us. 

Yes it sucks harder than a Kansas cheerleader showing a basketball recruit around campus, but you need to think big picture here—short term suffering for long term gain and (hopefully) a good hire by Moos.

There isn't a smokescreen on Earth big enough for anyone not to realize Riley's gone. 

Moos surely has reached out to whoever the next coach will be already (or more likely his people have reached out to his people). Wait and Riley is likely gone after Iowa and new coach named that next week. Announce Riley is not returning and Mike Riley can do a farewell tour for the last two games. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

There isn't a smokescreen on Earth big enough for anyone not to realize Riley's gone. 

Moos surely has reached out to whoever the next coach will be already (or more likely his people have reached out to his people). Wait and Riley is likely gone after Iowa and new coach named that next week. Announce Riley is not returning and Mike Riley can do a farewell tour for the last two games. 

No...not really. As soon as you terminate Riley, then the speculation is on who the hire will be. That becomes an unwelcome spotlight for Moos to work in (e.g. flight travel threads), and it tips our hand to the competition.

Again, I want Riley gone. But I would prefer to give Moos the ability to do his job unfettered instead of pulling the curtain back now.

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

No...not really. As soon as you terminate Riley, then the speculation is on who the hire will be. That becomes an unwelcome spotlight for Moos to work in (e.g. flight travel threads), and it tips our hand to the competition.

Again, I want Riley gone. But I would prefer to give Moos the ability to do his job unfettered instead of pulling the curtain back now.

Stevie Wonder could see our hand already.