The failed paradigm of Mike Reilly

...I suppose today should give ample evidence of a failed organizational leader, Mr Reilly and his methodology/approach to the game..the next coach must build his offensive around the focus of building a rushing based offensive system and stop recruiting these pass blocking profile body types...that have no no core power to go forward, only backwards in pass protection..and have insanely slow footwork..and go back to recruiting the passed over smaller, squatty type lineman that come from hard nosed, rushing offensive HS programs that can go FORWARDS...

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads

If i, as just a fan and my only football experience is one year playing in HS can see the seriousl imbedded issues, I’m quite certain a professional such as Mr Moos is absolutely locked on and seeing this...

...personally I can’t make or form any definitive conclusions about coach Diaco..I can however observe serious systematic problems, as anyone can see these things, they are so,transparent. It’s the norm for our defense to not be lined up properly and specifically individual players are out of their assigned position over and over..

..I’m talking about the Husker run defense in this post. As how a team defends the run IMO is the best tool to evaluate a coach, a program, players, the whole, entire football program can be evaluated in many aspects by analyzing the run defense .

...run defense reveals the strength program effectiveness, it absolutely reveals the coordinator and specifically the position coaches in their ability to know and teach a individual where their assignment is and what gap they own..   I rewind allot of plays to really discern why the opponent run just went for 10+ yards..I see the cause over and over..the player is Simply not there..our linebackers oft fall for a misdirection run play or the player who was supposed to be in that hole/gap is nowhere to be found...this is not only a coaching problem but a player problem also..I perceive there is little or no leaders on defensive side that will correct a teammate, in real time regarding alignment and ensuring they get set up properly...this should be on a linebacker...I see a 11 individuals playing defense, I don’t see a team playing as such..and bad tackling angles and positioning prior to tackling is at a high school level..

...as any fan already know, a compelling case could be made Our linemen on both sides could be the most physically weak, out of shape, and timid that Huskers have had since I’ve been watching them (1991)... the “why” is complex and multifaceted, but I’m persuaded it is in fact rooted in Mike Reilly himself...I’ve never been a coach however that’s irrelevant, I’ve been a organizational leader and certain things, methodologies and phenom transcend the field one is working is..

....make no mistake Mike Reilly mindset and approach to the game itself is absolutely the root cause of what we are seeing..IMO.. I suppose a statement like that needs to be backed up..

..mike Reilly is indoctrinated into a certain type of football that he adopted a long, long time ago and committed to, changing this or him “changing”  his whole approach will not happen, I don’t think he could if he wanted to..He had been wired to ascribe to a certain kind of football..

..his approach is a fineness, PASS FIRST mentality to to football itself...I don’t care what he says, as he talks the right things about running the ball, however he doesn’t truly know how to do what he claims he wants to do, because again he is limited to work within in own paradigm...and he can’t reconcile how to retain his pass happy, basketball of football field approach to the game...

...the proof is in our linemen’s physical profile itself and their play..I’m not meaning talent or ability per say..we all know they have about none of both..I’m talking about what they practice..in practice..and that’s PASS blocking 80% of practice time..players do what they practice, being a Soldier for 21 can testify to this ideology/reality...

...what does emphasis  on Pass blocking have and what’s the second and third order of affects..?

1) recruiting, Reilly must and does recruit players who fit his approach to the game..he goes to high schools that do not build their offense around rhe run..

2) he recruits a certain body type that fits his failed offensive paradigm, tall lanky linemen..

3) is it a coincidence that pass happy football produces soft, timid and ultimately ineffective at run blocking ..IMO no it not a coincidence..

..back to practice..the O line gets it drilled into their muscle memory, at snap of ball, stand up, hands up and then go BACKWARDS in pass protection...pass blocking creates a timid, soft offensive lineman..as we clearly see..

..if Riley meant what he said about wanting to run the ball, here is the the truth test to his claim..watch (if he is still here) the profile of linemen he recruits this year..if it’s the 6’5’ lanky type from pass offensive HS, then he either lied about his run goal or he is absolutely incompetent in what he needs to do to accomplish his goal..I’m swayed to believe both are in effect..if he starts to recruit shorter “squatty” linemen, 6’1”- 6’3” with huge core (butt, thighs) ..well then he may in fact he doing something to achieve what he claims to want to do..

..all this leads to abject failure when they must launch forward in run blocking...

..I can’t believe I wrote all this..I suppose it’s been eating at me for years and this garbage we see our football program makes me nauseous..I think on the character of Osborne, his intense perfectionist approach to the teaching fundamentals of the game to the players, rather creating a environment where his subordinate position coaches can focus on basics..and excellence in the basics will win a big ten title..

Mike Reilly mindset to football is timid and weak, and sadly it absolutely gets transferred to every player, some more than others..

...for more proof of Reilly bad, Soft influence/environment /culture he has created..watch the Husker kickoff and punt team.when they kick/punt..and watch them closely..this is when the huskers to go down the field and can legal  just level anybody that attempts to block them..However players run down the field and then slow down, moments to the point they reach the point of their blocker, and then they around the man that are blocking them... this is just a capsule that really shows the whole culture of the football team kick off and punt coverage ...

v/r

Depressed Husker 

If i, as just a fan and my only football experience is one year playing in HS can see the seriousl imbedded issues, I’m quite certain a professional such as Mr Moos is absolutely locked on and seeing this...

...personally I can’t make or form any definitive conclusions about coach Diaco..I can however observe serious systematic problems, as anyone can see these things, they are so,transparent. It’s the norm for our defense to not be lined up properly and specifically individual players are out of their assigned position over and over..

..I’m talking about the Husker run defense in this post. As how a team defends the run IMO is the best tool to evaluate a coach, a program, players, the whole, entire football program can be evaluated in many aspects by analyzing the run defense .

...run defense reveals the strength program effectiveness, it absolutely reveals the coordinator and specifically the position coaches in their ability to know and teach a individual where their assignment is and what gap they own..   I rewind allot of plays to really discern why the opponent run just went for 10+ yards..I see the cause over and over..the player is Simply not there..our linebackers oft fall for a misdirection run play or the player who was supposed to be in that hole/gap is nowhere to be found...this is not only a coaching problem but a player problem also..I perceive there is little or no leaders on defensive side that will correct a teammate, in real time regarding alignment and ensuring they get set up properly...this should be on a linebacker...I see a 11 individuals playing defense, I don’t see a team playing as such..and bad tackling angles and positioning prior to tackling is at a high school level..

...as any fan already know, a compelling case could be made Our linemen on both sides could be the most physically weak, out of shape, and timid that Huskers have had since I’ve been watching them (1991)... the “why” is complex and multifaceted, but I’m persuaded it is in fact rooted in Mike Reilly himself...I’ve never been a coach however that’s irrelevant, I’ve been a organizational leader and certain things, methodologies and phenom transcend the field one is working is..

....make no mistake Mike Reilly mindset and approach to the game itself is absolutely the root cause of what we are seeing..IMO.. I suppose a statement like that needs to be backed up..

..mike Reilly is indoctrinated into a certain type of football that he adopted a long, long time ago and committed to, changing this or him “changing”  his whole approach will not happen, I don’t think he could if he wanted to..He had been wired to ascribe to a certain kind of football..

..his approach is a fineness, PASS FIRST mentality to to football itself...I don’t care what he says, as he talks the right things about running the ball, however he doesn’t truly know how to do what he claims he wants to do, because again he is limited to work within in own paradigm...and he can’t reconcile how to retain his pass happy, basketball of football field approach to the game...

...the proof is in our linemen’s physical profile itself and their play..I’m not meaning talent or ability per say..we all know they have about none of both..I’m talking about what they practice..in practice..and that’s PASS blocking 80% of practice time..players do what they practice, being a Soldier for 21 can testify to this ideology/reality...

...what does emphasis  on Pass blocking have and what’s the second and third order of affects..?

1) recruiting, Reilly must and does recruit players who fit his approach to the game..he goes to high schools that do not build their offense around rhe run..

2) he recruits a certain body type that fits his failed offensive paradigm, tall lanky linemen..

3) is it a coincidence that pass happy football produces soft, timid and ultimately ineffective at run blocking ..IMO no it not a coincidence..

..back to practice..the O line gets it drilled into their muscle memory, at snap of ball, stand up, hands up and then go BACKWARDS in pass protection...pass blocking creates a timid, soft offensive lineman..as we clearly see..

..if Riley meant what he said about wanting to run the ball, here is the the truth test to his claim..watch (if he is still here) the profile of linemen he recruits this year..if it’s the 6’5’ lanky type from pass offensive HS, then he either lied about his run goal or he is absolutely incompetent in what he needs to do to accomplish his goal..I’m swayed to believe both are in effect..if he starts to recruit shorter “squatty” linemen, 6’1”- 6’3” with huge core (butt, thighs) ..well then he may in fact he doing something to achieve what he claims to want to do..

..all this leads to abject failure when they must launch forward in run blocking...

..I can’t believe I wrote all this..I suppose it’s been eating at me for years and this garbage we see our football program makes me nauseous..I think on the character of Osborne, his intense perfectionist approach to the teaching fundamentals of the game to the players, rather creating a environment where his subordinate position coaches can focus on basics..and excellence in the basics will win a big ten title..

Mike Reilly mindset to football is timid and weak, and sadly it absolutely gets transferred to every player, some more than others..

...for more proof of Reilly bad, Soft influence/environment /culture he has created..watch the Husker kickoff and punt team.when they kick/punt..and watch them closely..this is when the huskers to go down the field and can legal  just level anybody that attempts to block them..However players run down the field and then slow down, moments to the point they reach the point of their blocker, and then they around the man that are blocking them... this is just a capsule that really shows the whole culture of the football team kick off and punt coverage ...

v/r

Depressed Husker 

...for more proof of Reilly bad, Soft influence/environment /culture he has created..watch the Husker kickoff and punt team.when they kick/punt..and watch them closely..this is when the huskers to go down the field and can legal  just level anybody that attempts to block them..However players run down the field and then slow down, moments to the point they reach the point of their blocker, and then they around the man that are blocking them... this is just a capsule that really shows the whole culture of the football team kick off and punt coverage ...

v/r

Depressed Husker 

Edited by Depressed Husker

18 minutes ago, Depressed Husker said:

v/r

Depressed Husker 

...for more proof of Reilly bad, Soft influence/environment /culture he has created..watch the Husker kickoff and punt team.when they kick/punt..and watch them closely..this is when the huskers to go down the field and can legal  just level anybody that attempts to block them..However players run down the field and then slow down, moments to the point they reach the point of their blocker, and then they around the man that are blocking them... this is just a capsule that really shows the whole culture of the football team kick off and punt coverage ...

v/r

Depressed Husker

I disagree.

• Plus1 4