What did we learn?....Minnesota

1 hour ago, Whistlebritches said:

Some of those early Pelini teams definitely showed heart. The championship game versus TX for sure; that defense gave it their all.

That defense was solid, but it was Suh.  HE was dominant, not the whole defense.  I find it funny how skewed this gets as time passes.  Pelini and his early years were with Callahans guys as well.  We are now alot of years removed from having a Top 10 recruiting class (Cally did) and Pelini won with it.  Almost 10 years removed from having that kind of recruiting class.  7-8 years removed from having those players here on either side of the ball.  I will once again say that I don't like recruiting numbers.  Its been proven in the past that when we recruit a player, he is automatically given  one more star.  That same player goes to Iowa, he is a 3 star instead of a 4 star.  Skewed.  Don't buy into those numbers that get thrown out.  Our players quit today.  No matter who the coach is, you don't quit while wearing the uni on the field.  I don't care who stays or goes from this team.  We need a whole new culture.

3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Lose.  Not loose

It took Tom Osborne exactly 1 year to create his winning program

Pelini had 7 years to win a conference championship and not be an a hole.  He failed at both

Political correctness is not the problem.  

This is a husker message board , not Fox News. Your political correctness comment which made zero sense at all. Please explain why political correctness has effected our program and why it is the downfall of the Riley era. Please , I would love to hear this.... 

3 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

This is a husker message board , not Fox News. Your political correctness comment which made zero sense at all. Please explain why political correctness has effected our program and why it is the downfall of the Riley era. Please , I would love to hear this.... 

I meant this to go to the original guy who posted , not you St. Paul husker 

Game ball: Croft. The guy came into the game completing 34 percent of his passes over Minnesota’s past three games. He had been sacked nine times in that span and averaged fewer than 85 yards passing per game.

Not only did he rip up the Huskers on the ground, but he looked comfortable throwing the ball, too. He would have completed his first five if not for a pair of drops. He was patient, didn’t force the ball and completed 9-of-15 for 105 yards. That’s obviously not lighting the world on fire, but his overall line — 288 total yards and three scores without a turnover — will bring a big smile to the face of first-year head coach P.J. Fleck.

LJS

8 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Offense:

-Wilbon stops before contact.  No idea why he starts.

-Speilman is great.

-POBs pocket presence is 10 times better than Lee

Defense:

-Worst tackling I've seen in my life.  You can tell they don't practice.  They approach the ball carrier like its "touch".  They reach and don't square up.

-Our corners don't understand zone.  Even when someone is in their zone, they stay off em.

Coaching:

-Obvious

-Timeouts at the end of the game.  Unreal.

Yes, and don't forget our wonderful offensive line that is standing straight up while our quarterback is getting slaughtered by the other team's defense.   I've seen spectators on the sidelines that move more than some of our linemen do at the game.

Manny Diaz, the DC who gave up 550 yards rushing to BYU, 257 to BYU's QB alone, looks like a freaking Defensive genius with the talent he has at Miami.

Does anyone who watched Miami play tonight think we could get a first down against them or hold them under 75 points?  I don't.

Maybe it's the whisky, and yes I realize a lot of good coaches with good teams got their a$$es handed to them today in lopsided games so we're not alone, but we seem light years away from the type of talent Miami had all over the field tonight.