Is this part of the Perlman effect?

eoltmer

On a different topic but same lines I keep running through my head how did the football team get here?  I keep coming back to Harvey Perlman's influence on how the university approached the football program.  He was there for a lot/majority of the decisions that have plagued the football program over the years.  Am I the only one thinking this or is there more too this?

Edited by eoltmer
  • Plus1 2

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:40 AM, BoneyardHusker said:

This article seems rather accurate. Although it has a bit of that defender of Pelini feel to it, it makes you want to shake your head at things over the past 15 years.

Mr. Crawford wasn't defending Pelini, rather he was pointing out facts.

One incident he left out, was Osborne's rebuke of Perlman via Osborne's public statement in support of Pelini, after the P-man rebuked Pelini for his actions during the A&M rigged game.  I thought it was humorous at the time, an AD rebuking the Chancellor.  Thus, another reason why a vindictive P-man did not let Osborne help choose his successor.  The results speak for themselves P-man.  And to think, he could not understand why the football program did not do better under his "leadership".  Perlman, one of the worst chancellors, football-wise, that NU has had in the modern times.

Harvey was, ultimately, a weasel divorce lawyer playing grown up Chancellor. The only thing he did right was get us out of the Big XII relatively unscathed...a job perfect for a weasel of a divorce lawyer, especially considering how we needed to fend off Texass.

But that one right move doesn’t negate the years of malfeasance at his hand—it only tempers any vitriol for him ever so slightly. 

Edited by VectorVictor