Time outs at the end of the game

The tiniest but most feasible benefit of the doubt I can come up with is that Patrick O'Brien had moved the team into scoring position -- ultimately meaningless scoring position -- but there was a chance to reward the players and leave the field with at least a "going down swinging" attitude. 

It required the six Nebraska offensive linemen to momentarily delay the three rushing Gophers long enough for POB to get off a pass.

They could not even do that.

For a game that started with the opponent returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown -- untouched -- ending the game with two time outs and two humiliating sacks was the perfect bookend for perhaps the worst Husker game in memory. 

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For a game that started with the opponent returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown -- untouched -- ending the game with two time outs and two humiliating sacks was the perfect bookend for perhaps the worst Husker game in memory. 

I missed the first part of the game and opening kickoff. How could we not open up a tackling lane for Drew? I need to see the play but I suspect one of our players was running away from the ball carrier and got in Brown's way.

• Plus1 1