The Democrat Utopia

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

How is a layer of (the mother's) skin, and some amniotic fluid the difference between being a person, and something that's legally murdered?

You're not going to understand. They are not going to understand. Maybe focus on education and contraception so that it never has to come to abortion.

• Plus1 6

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-forced-this-woman-to-deliver-a-stillborn-baby?utm_source=FB

I’m pro life but I hate it when people try to oversimplify this issue. No, people who are pro choice aren’t all evil people who are ok with babies being murdered. They don’t think the baby is a person before it’s born.

No, pro life people aren’t all woman haters who want women to have no control over their bodies.

There is a lot of nuance to this discussion and people keep trying to make it black and white.

I can’t think it was right to not let this woman decide in this situation. There should be situations where it’s legal.

It’s almost like it’s a nuanced, intensely private issue that should be left between a doctor and patient. 

• Plus1 7
On 1/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, B.B. Hemingway said:

According to the above's survey, a combined 7% of abortions were performed because of the mother, or baby's health issues.

What percentage of abortions after 24 weeks are performed because of the mother or baby's health issues?

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

How is a layer of (the mother's) skin, and some amniotic fluid the difference between being a person, and something that's legally murdered?

Did you know sperm are living, single-celled organisms? How do we decide when the murder starts? The woman in the story I posted had a fetus that could not survive without the womb. This is not a black and white issue.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is disingenuous, and you know it.

No, it isn’t. People are deciding when it becomes murder. Is it when the baby detaches from umbilical cord? Is it when the baby can live on its own without the womb? Is it when you can hear the baby’s heart beat? It is at a certain stage of conception? 

At what point is the person destined to become a person? Sperm is a major part of that process.

I’m trying to make the point here that different people have different opinions on when that stage is that it’s murder. People who think it’s when birth occurs aren’t all evil supporters of baby murder, nor are those who think the fetus is a baby woman haters.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

People who think it’s when birth occurs aren’t all evil supporters if baby murder, 

Sure sounds like they are.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He also gave instructions on how a preist couls abort a baby if a woman was unfaithful.

My stance on abortion had nothing to do with religion.

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Did you know sperm are living, single-celled organisms? How do we decide when the murder starts? The woman in the story I posted had a fetus that could not survive without the womb. This is not a black and white issue.

This is FAKE NEWS. Gametes are sex cells necessary for reproduction, but they are not organisms. You will never find a self-propagating colony of sperm roaming the countryside, living off the land.

59 minutes ago, Caveman said:

This is FAKE NEWS. Gametes are sex cells necessary for reproduction, but they are not organisms. You will never find a self-propagating colony of sperm roaming the countryside, living off the land.

I went with the first Google search. BBC Focus Magazine:

Yes, it’s certainly as alive as any other cells in a male body. Since it can have a life of its own outside the body, each sperm is really an independent single-celled organism – like a living amoeba, but differing in locomotion and lifestyle.

It seems to me on Google that there are multiple reputable sources disagreeing with each other on this and saying it depends on the definition of living organism. If you have a biology or zoology degree, I trust your opinion :P

It's not that important to my point on abortion though. You have to have sperm to make a baby. Denying that sperm a way to get to the egg might be stopping the destiny of one of them to create a baby.

• Plus1 1