The Democrat Utopia

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't. Maybe that's because "I had an abortion and I don't care" isn't a popular statement in society today, or maybe because it's not a common belief.

I know the woman who runs Lincoln's PP. I'll have to ask her how blase the women who come in for abortions are, on average.  Maybe I'll be surprised.

Lincoln is also cultural distinct from many other places, so what could be the prevailing opinion and attitudes may be completely different somewhere else.

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't. Maybe that's because "I had an abortion and I don't care" isn't a popular statement in society today, or maybe because it's not a common belief.

I know the woman who runs Lincoln's PP. I'll have to ask her how blase the women who come in for abortions are, on average.  Maybe I'll be surprised.

@RedDenver has a point. Maybe it's a sentiment that wouldn't be found as much in the Midwest or Bible belt. 

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Lincoln is also cultural distinct from many other places, so what could be the prevailing opinion and attitudes may be completely different somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

@RedDenver has a point. Maybe it's a sentiment that wouldn't be found as much in the Midwest or Bible belt. 

This study overwhelmingly supports what you're saying.

Decision Rightness and Emotional Responses to Abortion in the United States: A Longitudinal Study

CONCLUSIONS:

Women experienced decreasing emotional intensity over time, and the overwhelming majority of women felt that termination was the right decision for them over three years. Emotional support may be beneficial for women having abortions who report intended pregnancies or difficulty deciding.

• Thanks 4

This is... uh... not a good look for the guvnah.

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s Yearbook Page Shows Blackface, KKK Outfit

The yearbook page for Gov. Ralph Northam (D) from his time at Eastern Virginia Medical School features a photo of a man wearing blackface and another wearing a Ku Klux Klan outfit standing side by side. 

The photo, first published by Big League Politics, is from the school’s 1984 yearbook. A spokesperson for EVMS confirmed the photo’s authenticity to HuffPost, and clarified that it came from a “student-produced publication.”

The page features the governor’s full name with photos of him. But off to the side of the page is a photo of two unnamed men dressed in the racist garb. A quote from a Willie Nelson song apparently submitted by Northam says: “There are more old drunks than old doctors in this world so I think I’ll have another beer.”

lWpI1TB.png

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Next she needs to apologize for typing because that discriminates against illiterate people. Then for typing it in English as well. On a visual medium (there are blind people you know).

Who are these people?  I mean, actually, who are they?  

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Next she needs to apologize for typing because that discriminates against illiterate people. Then for typing it in English as well. On a visual medium (there are blind people you know).

What even is this?

On 1/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, knapplc said:

If the point is so obvious to you, then you could dispense with the snarky "whatever helps you sleep at night" responses.

If you know it's not a life to some people, you know why they have no qualms about abortion.  Knowing that, the argument here seems just to be for the sake of argument.

My guess is that there are millions of women who support legal abortions, and who have had abortions, who also have qualms about the personal choice they made. I would also guess that the decision to have an abortion has kept them up a few nights over the years — even if they wouldn't take back the decision.

I think we can have a debate over legal abortion without assuming the women who have one aren't conflicted. 

Good chance that more men have fewer qualms about abortions. Not so much when a pollster asks, but when a partner informs them they are about to be responsible for raising a child. 

What a bad week for Northam. If that's him in one of those photos he's got to go. Staggering that he allowed that on his own yearbook page - unless he literally never bothered with a yearbook at all there's really no excuse. The worst part about the whole deal is his weird shifting explanation for things. First he apologized for the photo. Then he said it wasn't him. Now he wants to use facial recognition and find classmates to prove it wasn't him.

The whole thing's just too weird. Got to wait to see it confirmed as him but his explanations really bother me. Plus the FL Secretary of State, a Republican, stepped down due to a tasteless photo from 2005 of him in blackface going to a party as a Katrina victim. If that's the standard it's got to be applied equally.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

What a bad week for Northam. If that's him in one of those photos he's got to go. Staggering that he allowed that on his own yearbook page - unless he literally never bothered with a yearbook at all there's really no excuse. The worst part about the whole deal is his weird shifting explanation for things. First he apologized for the photo. Then he said it wasn't him. Now he wants to use facial recognition and find classmates to prove it wasn't him.

The whole thing's just too weird. Got to wait to see it confirmed as him but his explanations really bother me. Plus the FL Secretary of State, a Republican, stepped down due to a tasteless photo from 2005 of him in blackface going to a party as a Katrina victim. If that's the standard it's got to be applied equally.

I get what you are saying...I think the worse picture is that dude in front of his car!!?!?!  Bad bad picture.