The Democrat Utopia

If he feels compelled to resign, I guess he should, but it seems like a shortsighted rule of thumb for people to lose their jobs because of stupid photos/actions in their hs/college years. We all know of people who've done equally as bad or worse, and rightfully so, not been prosecuted by the social mob beyond verbal/written criticisms. And in regards to public figures, not re-elected in some cases. People within the UNL athletic department have done worse, and been given a second chance within weeks, not sure why or what has changed culturally in recent years to not give people another chance after years of maturing. As long as he's not acting that way anymore or making light of his previous-immaturity, whats the point or rush in taking his job away from him this week?

Not that I "want" him to resign (I honestly don't care about the gov of Virginia as a general rule), but if he does, it's just odd to me that he would be pressured into resigning because of a dumb costume party 30 years ago, rather than being pressured to resign after just days ago he was essentially advocating for post-birth abortions (murder) in some cases..... Of course I'm over reacting, I'm taking it out of context. That sort of talk is nothing to worry about. Certainly not worth a guys job (it's truly not imo). Not from the party that wants single-payer heath care. Charlie Guard could never happen here in the USA, we'll simply be better at health care than the Brits. Our government would never override the parents wishes, never.

I'm just rambling now, #EndRant.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Oade said:

If he feels compelled to resign, I guess he should, but it seems like a shortsighted rule of thumb for people to lose their jobs because of stupid photos/actions in their hs/college years. We all know of people who've done equally as bad or worse, and rightfully so, not been prosecuted by the social mob beyond verbal/written criticisms. And in regards to public figures, not re-elected in some cases. People within the UNL athletic department have done worse, and been given a second chance within weeks, not sure why or what has changed culturally in recent years to not give people another chance after years of maturing. As long as he's not acting that way anymore or making light of his previous-immaturity, whats the point or rush in taking his job away from him this week?

Not that I "want" him to resign (I honestly don't care about the gov of Virginia as a general rule), but if he does, it's just odd to me that he would be pressured into resigning because of a dumb costume party 30 years ago, rather than being pressured to resign after just days ago he was essentially advocating for post-birth abortions (murder) in some cases..... Of course I'm over reacting, I'm taking it out of context. That sort of talk is nothing to worry about. Certainly not worth a guys job (it's truly not imo). Not from the party that wants single-payer heath care. Charlie Guard could never happen here in the USA, we'll simply be better at health care than the Brits. Our government would never override the parents wishes, never.

c41220cfe4f7c510921d0f7dfa32199ff6b4ac6d7613ce0344335d6e723e5fb6.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

c41220cfe4f7c510921d0f7dfa32199ff6b4ac6d7613ce0344335d6e723e5fb6.jpg

I'd just like to say that I was quite stressed when I composed my last post. I was busy arm wrestling a T-Rex while sky-diving blindfolded when I wrote that, so I think just a little credit is due.  And all things considered, I probably could have taken it up a notch and done all of that over hot lava or a laser show.

I'm Ron Burgundy. Dilly Dilly! Dilly Dally??

9 hours ago, Oade said:

No one in the UNL Athletic Dept has ever worn black face and/or posed with a costumed Klansman (real or in jest) and posted a picture of it. 

No, I don't know anyone who has done this, or something "equally as bad or worse". 

9 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

No one in the UNL Athletic Dept has ever worn black face and/or posed with a costumed Klansman (real or in jest) and posted a picture of it. 

No, I don't know anyone who has done this, or something "equally as bad or worse". 

Wait, you don't know anyone, ever, in your life that has said or done something racist, sexist or just flat out bad?  You don't know anyone that has stolen?  Lied?  Cheated?  Fought? Broke the law, got a divorce because of something bad like hitting/cheating/lying, cheated on taxes (federal offense, right?), damaged property?  Taken a drug?  Taken a drug no prescribed to them?  No one that got into a car accident while drunk or texting?  

Really, you don't know one person?  

Have...have you ever done any of those things?  

Could I borrow your high horse?  I need to trim some branches on a tree in my yard.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Wait, you don't know anyone, ever, in your life that has said or done something racist, sexist or just flat out bad?  You don't know anyone that has stolen?  Lied?  Cheated?  Fought? Broke the law, got a divorce because of something bad like hitting/cheating/lying, cheated on taxes (federal offense, right?), damaged property?  Taken a drug?  Taken a drug no prescribed to them?  

Really, you don't know one person?  

Have...have you ever done any of those things?  

I guess, you have a point. 

We can debate the ethical morality, "rightness" or "wrongness" of different actions/behaviors all day long. I hold racism pretty high on the "you're a POS" list. JMHO.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I guess, you have a point. 

We can debate the ethical morality, "rightness" or "wrongness" of different actions/behaviors all day long. I hold racism pretty high on the "you're a POS" list. 

We can...but there is no need.  

Wait, you don't think there are millions of people that have their appendix(es) removed each year too, do you?  :)

Hmmmm....we just went through a huge battle where a lot of people wanted a persons future job opportunity destroyed because of accusations from when he wasn’t much older than this. 

Now, we are to have the attitude of.......well, that was a long time ago. 

Im glad most here don’t have that opinion. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, ZRod said:

What even is this?

This is the predominant narrative of social justice warrior mentality radical social media Leftism. 

On one hand it's silly and removed from reality, but on another it impacts reality for a lot of people and isn't to be seen as completely trivial. This is the mob.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmmm....we just went through a huge battle where a lot of people wanted a persons future job opportunity destroyed because of accusations from when he wasn’t much older than this. 

Now, we are to have the attitude of.......well, that was a long time ago. 

Im glad most here don’t have that opinion. 

Are you talking about Kavanaugh? If so, there is a noticeable difference between the two issues..... Kavanaugh was accused of rape, a crime. Northam is being accused of nothing. It may be deplorable, but it is not illegal to dress in poor taste for a costume party.

And like with Kavanaugh, I'm not saying this should be ignored in regards to Northam's next re-election campaign or job search. I know he wouldn't get my vote, but my vote/opinion isn't the only one that matters. And beyond that, what good does it serve for him to step down this week? Exactly what justice is being served when no crime was committed (30 years ago)?

Anyone who voted for or defended Hillary does have that opinion, they may just be naive enough to not realize it, but what difference does that make at this point anyway?  Anyone who's ever enjoyed a Jimmy Kimmel joke holds that opinion. Anyone who's ever watched a Notre Dame football game with Chip Kelly as the coach holds that opinion. I could go on to varying degrees of social offenses..... Those folks have all committed equal or far worse offenses, yet are still media darlings, or at the very least, not trashed by the media and social mob. Why Northam in regards to blackface, but not Kimmel? Why blackface, rather than covering up for your husbands predation of young interns? Why a poor taste in costume, but not actions that lead to a kids death, like with Kelly and Clinton?

Criticize Northam all you want, but if the new standard is that people who've made a dumb joke or worn a deplorable costume need to be fired or step-down, then we're screwed as a society.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Oade said:

Are you talking about Kavanaugh? If so, there is a noticeable difference between the two issues..... Kavanaugh was accused of rape, a crime. Northam is being accused of nothing. It may be deplorable, but it is not illegal to dress in poor taste for a costume party.

And like with Kavanaugh, I'm not saying this should be ignored in regards to Northam's next re-election campaign or job search. I know he wouldn't get my vote, but my vote/opinion isn't the only one that matters. And beyond that, what good does it serve for him to step down this week? Exactly what justice is being served when no crime was committed (30 years ago)?

Anyone who voted for or defended Hillary does have that opinion, they may just be naive enough to not realize it, but what difference does that make at this point anyway?  Anyone who's ever enjoyed a Jimmy Kimmel joke holds that opinion. Anyone who's ever watched a Notre Dame football game with Chip Kelly as the coach holds that opinion. I could go on to varying degrees of social offenses..... Those folks have all committed equal or far worse offenses, yet are still media darlings, or at the very least, not trashed by the media and social mob. Why Northam in regards to blackface, but not Kimmel? Why blackface, rather than covering up for your husbands predation of young interns? Why a poor taste in costume, but not actions that lead to a kids death, like with Kelly and Clinton?

Criticize Northam all you want, but if the new standard is that people who've made a dumb joke or worn a deplorable costume need to be fired or step-down, then we're screwed as a society.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Isn't this the woman they're calling "radical?"

What's dystopian about using a GoFund for insulin?

If I needed help paying for insulin, or a new kidney, or anything else, I would ask my family and neighbors first and foremost. In the modern world, GoFundMe patrons are neighbors imo. 

That is hardly an excuse for a government run health system. To make that leap is fairly radical.

12 minutes ago, Oade said:

What's dystopian about using a GoFund for insulin?

I'm still trying to process the thought that produces this question.

So....just to be clear, you are fine with a medical system where people have to beg for money to pay for life sustaining medication.  Their life then is dependent on if people are kind enough to donate to them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2