The Democrat Utopia

24 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

my original comment, and stance, is based on the fact that you said no one should make 365 times more than someone else. I asked a legitimate question; "are they doing the same job?" because if your answer is yes they are, then your original view is correct, they should make roughly the same for performing the same job. But your assertion seems to be that because society values LeBron James to the tune of $39mil a year that we should somehow take money from him to compensate the (also well paid in this scenario) an Information Technology Systems Manger who makes $106k per year.

My point is that some people ARE valued/compensated more than others based upon their value, whether it is perceived or realized

I still find it irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if it’s the same job. I don’t think anyone is worth $30,000 per day at the current value of a dollar.

I do think Lebron James should be taxed at a higher rate than someone making $106k, yes. 

Of course people are valued higher than others. That’s what I’ve been saying. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I still find it irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if it’s the same job. I don’t think anyone is worth $30,000 per day at the current value of a dollar.

I do think Lebron James should be taxed at a higher rate than someone making $106k, yes. 

Of course people are values higher than others. That’s what I’ve been saying. And it’s based on how much $ they have. 

To you they aren’t. 

What if if that person could make you 40,000 per day after paying them 30,000?

your problem is you are equating income with value as a human being. 

thats a ptoblem with you, not them. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I’m talking about the value of what someone does....not them as a person. 

There is a diffrence. 

There isn’t a difference to society as a whole. A person makes $ based on what they do. They use that money so their person survives, thrives, etc.

If 2 people walk into your store and you’ve never met them, how do you decide which one you serve? What’s the first thing you need to know? Whether they can afford it, I’m assuming. Not whether they’re a decent person or do something that helps the universe.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

There isn’t a difference to society as a whole. A person makes $ based on what they do. They use that money so their person survives, thrives, etc.

If 2 people walk into your store and you’ve never met them, how do you decide which one you serve? What’s the first thing you need to know? Whether they can afford it, I’m assuming. Not whether they’re a decent person or do something that helps the universe.

Really???

there isn’t more value to society in a heart surgeon than a bar tender?

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

To you they aren’t. 

What if if that person could make you 40,000 per day after paying them 30,000?

your problem is you are equating income with value as a human being. 

thats a ptoblem with you, not them. 

Another person who isn’t reading what I’m saying.

How many times do I have to tell you I’m talking about how society values someone? I don’t give a s#!t how much $ someone makes. That has nothing to do with how I value someone.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Another person who isn’t reading what I’m saying.

How many times do I have to tell you I’m talking about how society values someone? I don’t give a s#!t how much $ someone makes. That has nothing to do with how I value someone.

How many times do I have to tell you it’s his society values what they do, not them as a person?  

By your thought process, every person in America should have the exact same income. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???

there isn’t more value to society in a heart surgeon than a bar tender?

I was responding to your post saying the value of what someone does vs. the value of a person are different. They aren’t different to society. The person is linked with what they do.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How many times do I have to tell you it’s his society values what they do, not them as a person?  

By your thought process, every person in America should have the exact same income. 

No, the lawyer will get better treatment anywhere they go (not just at their job) than a garbage man.  And the lawyer will make sure to let you know every time that they are a lawyer so they get that treatment.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The person is valued based on the job they can do and it’s the person who dies if they can’t afford basic necessities that they can purchase because of the job.

You clearly don’t understand my thought process then. I think people should be paid based on what they contribute to society. 

You started this convo saying you like the bar girl more than your Dr. but your Dr. is more valuable to you. Now you’re saying society places value on people based on their jobs. I’m saying society values people based on how much $ they make. I don’t think you’re even disagreeing with me. You are blending individuals and society. 

To the confused people, it’s really not that complicated if you think about it. If someone wants something (legal), it’s given to them if they have enough money. It’s not given to them based on whether they are a good person/benefit to society. And some of these things are required in order to survive.

If every dollar was worth the same when it comes to what someone contributes to society, then it would be the perfect system. 

The amount of compensation one receives, and how valuable their contribution to society is, is very out of whack in my opinion . School teachers, social workers, military people , cops, etc are highly skilled/educated and perform very valuable services to millions of people, but aren't compensated accordingly. Kylie Jenner looks good in her underwear and is a billionaire, Singers sing a (kinda) good song or two and make millions, and others are born into money and make no contribution to society, and have no skills, (Kardashians, Paris Hilton etc) but have millions too. I don't think anyone is saying everyone should be compensated the same, but the disparity between what one does/skill set and value to society, vs compensation level is way off.  

• Plus1 3
16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The person is valued based on the job they can do and it’s the person who dies if they can’t afford basic necessities that they can purchase because of the job.

You clearly don’t understand my thought process then. I think people should be paid based on what they contribute to society. 

You started this convo saying you like the bar girl more than your Dr. but your Dr. is more valuable to you. Now you’re saying society places value on people based on their jobs. I’m saying society values people based on how much $ they make. I don’t think you’re even disagreeing with me. You are blending individuals and society. 

This is possibly one of the most confusing posts possible.  You talked in a circle in one post.

You clearly don't understand my thought process either.

You are saying society values a person for various reasons and that's why they get paid more.  Then, you say society values rich people more.

Which is the chicken and which is the egg?

And, to the lawyer/trash man example being used above.  There are some really generalized stereotypes going on there that don't always apply.  I know lawyers that, honestly, hate being out socially and talking about being a lawyer and having random people know that's what they do.  I know doctors the same way.  I also don't see why a trash man can't walk into a restaurant or bar and get treated well.  

This is why I cannot vote for a ardent pro-choice, pro-abortion candidate of which the Dem party has basically become nothing but. 

This is beyond morbid to morally corrupt.  While the article notes the 'scientific benefits' of using aborted fetuses for research, it notes

the ethical dilemma as well.  When 'big science/academia/research, big pharma, big business' is involved, and this is big business,  then

I wonder how much consideration is given to the health and welfare of the mother.  We already know what happens to the developing baby.

The Dems are not opposed to big business when it supports their pet cause. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8367760/aborted-baby-body-parts-sewn-mice-experiments-us-labs/

ABORTED babies are being used in macabre experiments in the US that involve grafting dead fetus parts onto mice which are then used to test drugs.

Documents seen by Sun Online outline procedures that involve cutting out glands and livers of unborn children and then fusing them onto lab rodents.

The use of aborted baby body parts and stems cells has sparked anger among anti-abortion groups in the United States and it has been dubbed “Frankenstein” science.

And shocking undercover footage has led to the Donald Trump administration to reassess if the practice should be continued at all.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Clinics are supposed to ask if they would like to donate tissue but it is unclear whether the parents are aware their dead children's bodies are being used in this way.

But what is known is that abortion clinics are supplying the fetal body parts, although they are not allowed to sell them.

Phelim McAleer, who has produced the film Gosnell, about a rogue abortionist, told Fox News: “Aborted babies bodies are a very valuable commodity in today’s America.

“Research institutions, elite universities, medical centers pay a lot of money for baby parts."

Related - A new movie about 'the industry'.  Based on the true story of Abby Johnson - former Planned Parenthood clinic director

And interview with the main actress, who was seconds from being aborted herself when she was in the womb (unknown to her until

her mom told her the story after she took the role for the movie)

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5980978287001/#sp=show-clips

Democratic chaos in Virginia  keeps getting worse. 

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/blackface-sex-assault-claim-throws-virginia-government-into-chaos/

http://news.trust.org/item/20190207010634-7kbbj

RICHMOND, Va., Feb 6 (Reuters) - The political crisis in Virginia deepened on Wednesday when the attorney general admitted to wearing blackface in the 1980s at a college party, becoming the state's third high-ranking Democrat caught up in scandal.

Governor Ralph Northam was already fighting for his political life over a racist photo from his 1984 medical school yearbook that emerged last week, and the lieutenant governor sought on Wednesday to fend off allegations of sexual misconduct.

Attorney General Mark Herring, 57, who has expressed gubernatorial ambitions and called four days ago for Northam to resign, admitted in a statement he donned brown face paint at a party in 1980 to impersonate a rapper.

Northam, 59, acknowledged last weekend to having worn blackface - a practice dating to 19th century minstrel shows caricaturing slaves - in 1984 to impersonate Michael Jackson.

His admission came after a conservative media website published a photo on Friday from Northam's page in his 1984 medical school year book showing one man wearing blackface beside another masked figure in robes of the white supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan.

After initially saying he was one of the two depicted in the photo, Northam changed his story and said neither was him.

A separate scandal engulfing Democratic Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax, 39, who is black and would succeed Northam were he to step down, intensified on Wednesday when a woman accused him of sexually assaulting her at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is possibly one of the most confusing posts possible.  You talked in a circle in one post.

You clearly don't understand my thought process either.

You are saying society values a person for various reasons and that's why they get paid more.  Then, you say society values rich people more.

Which is the chicken and which is the egg?

And, to the lawyer/trash man example being used above.  There are some really generalized stereotypes going on there that don't always apply.  I know lawyers that, honestly, hate being out socially and talking about being a lawyer and having random people know that's what they do.  I know doctors the same way.  I also don't see why a trash man can't walk into a restaurant or bar and get treated well.  

The difference between us in this conversation is I’m disagreeing with things you’re saying and arguing with them. You’re reading what I’m saying, misinterpreting it, then disagreeing with the misinterpretation. For example, accusing me of personally valueing people based on their $ and accusing me of wanting everyone to get paid the same amount. Never did I say or imply either of those things. 

If you want a summary of how I feel you could read the previous post I made.

I don’t think what I’m saying is circular. I think both are true. In the post you’re quoting I’m tying in jobs because they’re how people make the $. When it comes to providing something, society values someone based on how much $ they have.

As far as jobs, some are and should be valued more than others but there are many, many examples where the pay does not reflect a person’s contribution to society.

Society values people with more $ regardless of how much they actually contribute to society (i.e. how they earned that $). In many cases we’re getting it right. In others we’re not.