The Democrat Utopia

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

There are some people who actually use this as a savings about (sort of) and then they think when they get that big check back, they have money to spend.  It's really pretty stupid.

Oh I know what they are thinking.  I just don't get their logic.  Letting the government use your money interest free is not something i would subscribe to

16 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I understand the whole concept but did you really have to pick an AOC lead off video? Like I have said in the last few post I am not opposed to taxes. I just believe that we can get a heckuva lot more bang for our buck while also being under budget each year compared to whatever the hell we are doing now. Until we figure out how to be a responsible country I dont want them to have a penny of my money 

It was just a quick example video, which shouldn't matter whether AOC was mentioned or not.

But saying you want to pay no income tax in an earlier post is what I've been responding to. If you're ok with paying income tax but want to spend the tax money differently, that's fine but it's completely different.

FYI, if you want the best bang for your buck, money spent on education and infrastructure actually return more money in future taxes than they cost (i.e. they're an investment not just an expense).

The Federal Reserve places the return infrastructure as $1.5 to $3 for every dollar invested, a number supported by the International Monetary Fund.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

It was just a quick example video, which shouldn't matter whether AOC was mentioned or not.

But saying you want to pay no income tax in an earlier post is what I've been responding to. If you're ok with paying income tax but want to spend the tax money differently, that's fine but it's completely different.

FYI, if you want the best bang for your buck, money spent on education and infrastructure actually return more money in future taxes than they cost (i.e. they're an investment not just an expense).

in its current form I am against income tax. I also find it asinine that my company gives me a lump sum for relocation expenses and the government feels entitled to almost as much of it as me. I would venture to guess that taxes across the board could be much less if we actually knew how to properly spend and allocate money. All i do for a living is look at ROI's etc. Our juice isnt worth the squeeze and we spend like morons 

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

in its current form I am against income tax. I also find it asinine that my company gives me a lump sum for relocation expenses and the government feels entitled to almost as much of it as me. I would venture to guess that taxes across the board could be much less if we actually knew how to properly spend and allocate money. All i do for a living is look at ROI's etc. Our juice isnt worth the squeeze and we spend like morons 

We'll have to disagree about income tax as I haven't seen any proposals that are as good let alone better.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

We'll have to disagree about income tax as I haven't seen any proposals that are as good let alone better.

I am saying we dont need to spend as much as we do. you slash our military budget in half, eliminate foreign aid, cut out all wasteful spending. and low and behold our budget is sliced in half. We can either A. return all of that money to the people. B. Distribute to address things such as infrastructure etc. Everyone keeps discussing raising taxes and that isnt our issue. Our issue has been we spend too much.  

41 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am saying we dont need to spend as much as we do. you slash our military budget in half, eliminate foreign aid, cut out all wasteful spending. and low and behold our budget is sliced in half. We can either A. return all of that money to the people. B. Distribute to address things such as infrastructure etc. Everyone keeps discussing raising taxes and that isnt our issue. Our issue has been we spend too much.  

Well the Democrats in the House are trying to help you out a bit here...

59 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm not opposed to cutting our spending where it makes sense, but it's also possible we're under revenue and not over spending:

Sorry the video doesn't show the slides he's referring to, but I think they're the same ones from the end of this document:

https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Blyth - Senate testimony on balanced budgets copy.pdf

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm not informed enough about AOC to say for certain yet, but I think I'm kinda liking this version of politician.

She seems like a good person.  Her policies may not be perfect, but she is fighting for the average person and I can dig that.  Its more than you can say about the others in that building.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1